New Velocomp Tracker for iOS11 replaces Newton Tracker

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

New Velocomp Tracker for iOS11 replaces Newton Tracker

Post by Velocomp »

In the next day or so Apple will post our new "Velocomp Tracker" app, which replaces the Newton Tracker app.

You'll find the new app in the App Store, under "Velocomp Tracker". When the app is available I will make another post.

Velocomp Tracker adds iOS11 compatibility to the old Newton Tracker app, and also updates on-screen instructions for PowerPod.

To add iOS11 compatibility, Velocomp Tracker required a complete rewrite of the code. The only reason we updated Newton Tracker is because Apple forced us to do so.

It was expensive to rewrite the app.

So, for new installs, we are charging $0.99 for the Velocomp Tracker app. If you have downloaded and installed Newton Tracker previously, there will be no charge for the upgrade.

One final thing: if you're using Newton Tracker on Android, the Android app is unchanged.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Velocomp Tracker for iOS11 replaces Newton Tracker

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp Tracker is now live on the App Store!

If you have installed Newton Tracker previously, Velocomp Tracker will be a free update... :-)
John Hamann
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

this is interesting, I am running iOS 11 on my iPhone 5s and the regular 9not updated version) of tracker worked fine for me last evening. So it may have not been necessary to update tracker to use it with iOS 11 unless maybe newer phones access GPS etc differently than the older one? So at this point I am not updating to Version 2.0 as long as 1.4 keeps working.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think older phones still run 32 bit apps, which is what NT is.
John Hamann
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

That makes sense John, and sort of what I thought so then the issue is for people who have higher end iPhones, I am quite happy with my situation.