Newton Tracker Won't Upload Files

Guidob

Newton Tracker Won't Upload Files

Post by Guidob »

I am aware of the server issues for the last few weeks, but I am still unable to sync tracker data.

I get "Ride Data Sync" in progress. Please wait ...

eventually I get Data Sync Error, Ride File upload failed.
It never succeeds. I have tried clearing the cache (using Application Manager). I tried logging out and logging back in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Tracker, all to no avail.

Next time I click on the app I get the same "Ride Data Sync" message followed by the inevitable Data Sync Error

What do I try next?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Newton Tracker Won't Upload Files

Post by Velocomp »

Are you using Android or iOS app?
John Hamann
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

Android Samsung S6. This morning I clicked on the Tracker App and it went immendiately into the Ride Data Sync followed by failure dance. It is now several hours later and it still says Ride Data Sync.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Something is corrupted in the app's data files.

Delete the app, reinstall it, and hopefully that will take care of things. Unfortunately you will lose the GPS data stored in the app.
John Hamann
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

I don't have any GPS data on Tracker that I care about so that's ok. However, I have deleted the app multiple times and it doesn't seem to make any difference. The first time I start Tracker after reinstalling it looks normal. It gives me the ability to click on Start without Syncing data message. However, immediately after the ride, the Syncing -Failed to Sync issues comes up again.

Are there files left on the phone after deleting the app that after reinstalling will cause the problems I'm seeing? Is there something on the server with regards to my account that needs to be reset?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I would try creating another Newton Tracker account. Do this on Isaac first, then next on your Android phone.

Record a short ride, then try uploading it.
John Hamann
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

How do I create another account? Isn't my account connected to my email? Not surprisingly, if I try and reregister from Issac it tells me that my account already exists. I don't want to use my work email for my play activities.

How about if someone deletes my current account from the server and then I will start all over again.
feldco

Post by feldco »

I currently have the same problem, except, it also happens in the Strava app..Any body with the same problem solution??
feldco

Post by feldco »

I have the same problem, done same as the others, every time I ride I have to re boot...etc, is there any permanent fix?