Tracker never seems to work

Guidob

Tracker never seems to work

Post by Guidob »

I had success a while ago with Tracker, however, I have not had any success for the past weeks. I start Tracker, finish the ride. Often I see a message that upload failed. I can stop and restart and it will try again. Sometimes I don't get any error message.

However, whether or not I get an error message, the data is never uploaded or connected to the ride. If I try to export for Strava I get a message that there is no GPS data.

This issue occurs whether I am connected via cell or standing 4 feet away from my wifi router.

Any suggestions?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Tracker never seems to work

Post by Velocomp »

Android or iPhone?
John Hamann
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

Android Samsung S4. Did a 60 mile ride today and once again it failed to upload or it failed to sync with the data downloaded into Newton. Not sure how to tell where the failure is.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com. Tom will get things sorted out.
John Hamann
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

Ok. I have emailed technical support. I did another ride yesterday and again no success. There was no error message upon uploading, but once again when exporting to Strava I got the message that there was no GPS data.
Guidob

Post by Guidob »

I have made some progress. On a few rides, the phone has successfully uploaded tracker info. I have been able to connect via Newton and download the GPS data on my work laptop while at work, but unable to do the same thing on my home wifi. Initially I thought it was my Norton Firewall on my PC blocking the connection, but instead it turns out to be the Comcast Wifi router. I had set the router security settings to medium and that blocked the tracker connection. I reset the security to low and now it connects. Not sure why. The medium security settings on the router did the following:

WAN-to-LAN: Block as per below and enable IDS.
IDENT (port 113)
ICMP request
Peer-to-peer apps:
kazaa - (TCP/UDP port 1214)
bittorrent - (TCP port 6881-6999)
gnutella- (TCP/UDP port 6346)
vuze - (TCP port 49152-65534)

The low security setting only blocked IDENT (port 113)

Tracker must use something that is blocked in the medium security setting