upload failure android app

ronpei

upload failure android app

Post by ronpei »

I did a ride a couple of days ago and it looks like the app worked but for some reason it has not been able to up load the file? it is still trying to up load 2 days later and keeps on failing. Up until now it might fail on first try after a ride but always worked this time no GPS... :cry:
any suggestions?
travispape
Site Admin

Re: upload failure android app

Post by travispape »

Did you try again to send the data from your Android phone to the server? Please try this if you haven't yet:

* Open the NT app on your Android and make sure you are logged into the NT server
* Start a ride in the NT app (it is fine if you are not actually riding) and then stop it.

When you stop the ride, the NT app should send any ride data it is still holding onto including ride data from previous days.

Sometimes this procedure is necessary if the initial attempt to upload the ride fails.
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

thanks Travis that worked.
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

Hi Travis, another question on Tracker, if you are unable to upload a file because you do not have either cell or wifi connections, do the files stay put on the phone until you get a chance to up load? As well I assume the amount of data that can be stored is dependant on phone memory capacity. I am using the Android app and do not see the My Rides or the Isaac buttons. per: If your data doesn't upload to the cloud (for example, because you don't have a cell phone signal where you end of your ride), you'll get a message saying
that data hasn't been uploaded. DON’T WORRY: You can upload your data at
any time later by tapping the “MyRides” button, tapping the ride you wish to
upload, then tapping the “Isaac” button.
thanks
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

ronpei wrote:Hi Travis, another question on Tracker, if you are unable to upload a file because you do not have either cell or wifi connections, do the files stay put on the phone until you get a chance to up load? As well I assume the amount of data that can be stored is dependant on phone memory capacity. I am using the Android app and do not see the My Rides or the Isaac buttons.
Yes, your ride data will be uploaded later. The Android version of NT works a little differently than the iOS version. If the first upload attempt fails for whatever reason, all you have to do is start and stop a ride a moment later. When you stop the ride, any unsent data from previous rides will be uploaded along with the new data.