Working through an imbalance

hoosier1981

Working through an imbalance

Post by hoosier1981 »

Hi - I'm working through some hip & back issues (not riding hard at the moment). In the near future (once the weather clears up) I will be using the Powerstroke to view my balance, as I have it unlocked.
I did just pick up a higher end trainer with software that shows this same type of "peanut" balance chart, in real time. I'll plan to use that when training indoors, and will use the Powerstroke to review my outdoor rides.
I was just curious if there are any eventual plans to make the L/R balance part of this efficiency data available as an ANT+ signal for cyclometers to view in real-time? I think this would appeal to a lot of people for upgrading. (Tho I could understand if it would be a hardware limitation or require re-doing a ton of code).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Working through an imbalance

Post by Velocomp »

You'll see L/R imbalance in the crank plot.
John Hamann
hoosier1981

Post by hoosier1981 »

Thanks - I was wondering if there is any thought in having a L/R balance type data transmit via ANT+ , for instance to a Garmin head unit to view in real time?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

hoosier1981 wrote:Thanks - I was wondering if there is any thought in having a L/R balance type data transmit via ANT+ , for instance to a Garmin head unit to view in real time?
Not yet...
John Hamann
Luis

Post by Luis »

I'd pay to be able to see PowerStroke data in real time as I am riding. When I first got the PowerPod I had Wahoo magnetless speed and cadence sensors on my bike. My rides showed a remarkable round stroke. Because of the sensor position and triggering issues I pulled my Wahoo speed/cadence unit that uses magnets. Everything paired OK and I have it above the chainstay. My stroke is awful. I think this is probably the reality. It would really be helpful if that could be seen in real time to improve pedaling.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

PowerStroke requires heavy-duty processing, and a bike computer screen display.

Stay tuned...
John Hamann