Queries Related to Powerstroke on Powerpod

drashkum

Queries Related to Powerstroke on Powerpod

Post by drashkum »

Hi,
I have just purchased the powerstroke upgrade for my powerpod in blackfriday deal. After going through the instruction i have installed the Powerstroke upgrade key which was sent by Mr.Tom Gore into my PP and when i access the Device > Unlock Feature> Get unlock status , I get this screen saying Powerstroke is installed
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (111.82 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
So i know it is installed...But it says Newton powerstroke and not powerpod powerstroke is it ok? I am asking this because i happened to see a Powerstroke upgrade only for newton listed in website. so i wanted to be sure.

I went ahead and read the instruction in isaac regarding powerstroke and it only lists the powerpod instruction pertaining to newton and not on powerpod. I also tried to access the video on the powerstroke upgrade page for powerpod but the site it gets directed says its forbidden. enclosing a screenshot
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (88.52 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
So i have a few queries as usual.

1. How do i know if my PP is in Powerstroke recording mode enabled?
2. How can i switch off the powerstroke recording mode if i go for a long ride above 6.5hrs?
3. Should i go for a calibration ride again or something?
4. Since i use a garmin magnetless sensor what setting should i choose in my cadence sensor position?

These are listed in instruction pertaining to newton but since PP is a standalone gadget i dont know how to do this?

Please help
Drashkum
drashkum

Re: Queries Related to Powerstroke on Powerpod

Post by drashkum »

Thank you. Got a reply from Mr.Tom Gore in 5 mins after i sent a query

Posting it here for the benefit of others, since the video is not working

1. How do i know if my PP is in Powerstroke recording mode enabled? It will always record PowerStroke, as long as cadence is registering as well.
2. How can i switch off the powerstroke recording mode if i go for a long ride above 6.5hrs? You can change the sample rate to 5sec. In Isaac go to: DEVICE—>SETUP—>SET SAMPLE RATE… Sample rate must be in 1 sec for power stroke as well.
3. Should i go for a calibration ride again or something? A cal ride is not necessary, but you should set your location of the cadence sensor, in Isaac, go to: EDIT—>EDIT PROFILES—>POWERSTROKE (tab)
4. Since i use a garmin magnetless sensor what setting should i choose in my cadence sensor position? This is tricky, as you will need to start the ride, with the sensor in the same location each time, i.e. 6 O’clock. You can read more about this in the iBikeForums.

Please include This as well in the Powerstroke instructions PDF for benefit of Powerpod owners buying powerstroke

As usual You guys are swift and fantastic in support. Im loving every bit of this Ownership and learning curve

Aswinkumar
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

i did my first powerstroke ride today. Posting the file here to get a confirmation that everything is ok. Can you please have a look at it
iBike_11_30_2016_0535_24_km_HiDef.ibr
(537.37 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
After syncing the PP it said i have posted my first powerstroke data and asked me to choose the cadence sensor position. i chose to cancel it. i started the ride at the right crank in 6 o clock position and the left crank where cadence sensor is at in 12 o clock position. Should i choose above left chain stay?
Please let me know

drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You have an excellent PowerStroke (crank motion is very near green line).

For subsequent rides, choose "below chain stay". This will keep results consistent and stop the annoying request.
John Hamann
Ironbike

Post by Ironbike »

hello how can I unlock the powerstroke function on my POWERPOD ??
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you ordered PowerPod with PowerStroke installed, it is already unlocked.

If you did not purchase PowerStroke, you can order it here:

http://www.ibikesports.com/product/powe ... wer-meter/

You can learn more about PowerStroke here:

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3770
John Hamann