Introducing iBike Newton PowerStroke

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Introducing iBike Newton PowerStroke

Post by Velocomp »

Boy, there's 1,000 pages we could write about this amazing product, its benefits, and its extremely cool technology. But that would take far too long, so instead we've made a 4 minute video, available here:

http://youtu.be/Xjl-WpPLUUs

Much more information will be coming soon!
John Hamann
donnybike

Re: Introducing iBike Newton PowerStroke

Post by donnybike »

John, it is very intriguing analytical tool! Vey nice innovatition! It will help improve pedaling efficiency.

I have one question regarding wobbling. It is more likely that the higher propultion power is the bigger wobbling becomes, isn't it? I noticed propulsion power differences in the example of Travis.
Thanks, Donny
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Wobbling is a physical property of the rider. In our testing, it is relatively immune to power levels, but more dependent on riding style.

In Travis' two rides, he goofed off on one, but worked harder in the other. Still, due to ride position differences, his second ride was more economical.
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

VEry cool, already ordered my upgrade.

But I am still curious what it is actually doing. It looks like it is measuring "wobbling" along two different axis and somehow translating that to loss of power.

Without getting into any secret sauce here, just to help me have more confidence on what it is telling me, how are you figuring out loss of power related to wobbling?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ScottChapman wrote:VEry cool, already ordered my upgrade.

But I am still curious what it is actually doing. It looks like it is measuring "wobbling" along two different axis and somehow translating that to loss of power.

Without getting into any secret sauce here, just to help me have more confidence on what it is telling me, how are you figuring out loss of power related to wobbling?
Good question. Travis will work on an equally good answer :D
John Hamann
Russ

Post by Russ »

Congratulations of another fine improvement to the product line!

I watched the video and read the instructions but have one question.
When recording for power stroke at 16 observations per second, does
Isaac export the CSV with the 16 per second data?

If so,I will buy it for that feature. Since I am not a racer I am not
sure if I would part from that much money for the PowerStroke
analysis alone.

Thanks,
Russ
Russ

Post by Russ »

I had some thoughts today, about this. It occurred to me that this might actually be a feature request.
So perhaps I should tell more of what I am interested in.

I am not interested in the wobble data being added to the exported CSV file. I am just interested in the higher frequency 16 per second normal entries for the period that hi frequency recording is on.

My current usage is experimenting with Excel spreadsheet work on higher speed coastdowns and at soon extending my experimenting into virtual elevation. I have no particular clue that I will necessarily achieve better results than the iBike cal routines but it is quite a learning opportunity for me.

I also have been working (slowly) on a breathing frequency measurement machine. I could drive the cadence sensor with an electromagnet and use it to collect the data during a step test on trainer! There has been work with a product called the BioHarness primarily to show that the point that the breathing rate increases drastically correlates well to the lactate threshold.

Of course if you guys want to add a strap to your product line and have the iBike collect the data via ant+, it would save me the trouble and probably come in at a reasonable price compaired to the BioHarness : - )

edit to add:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danSgxdNEBo

Regards,
Russ