Lost all data after crash ibike

FelicianoVASA

Lost all data after crash ibike

Post by FelicianoVASA »

The same problem still happens. For some reason, not yet explained by the technical services of velocomp, my app crash and lose all the data of my ride.

What could be the cause of repeated crash?
Is there any way to record the date even if the app crash?

I think this must be a bug. Today, even with the battery at 40% the app simply go off. When I try to re start the app, it does not start.

Help please!
Last edited by FelicianoVASA on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racerfern

Re: Lost all data after crash ibike

Post by racerfern »

Which iPhone or iPod do you have? Which OS? What is the version number of the app?

I assume you have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, yes/no?
Fernando
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

Hello Fernando,

My Iphone is a 3GS with firmware 05.013.04 (the only that can work with gps) with ios 5.1 and Ibike app version is 1.0.22. I already have re install the app several times (all the times thatt issue happens).
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

Hello,

Is this the same crash you reported before when the iPhone battery goes to zero? I have been trying to duplicate that issue and I have not been able to get my phone into a state where it looses all the data and/or crashes when the battery gets low.

How long of a ride had been recorded before the crash? In other words, did you start a ride and after 1 hour or 2 hours the app crashed? Did you notice the display response slowing down prior to the crash? Normally, the display will update approximately once per second. If the updates slow down, it could be an indication of some other problem.

Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

Chris.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

Hello

Yes it is the same problem. This time i did anything and for coincidence I was looking to the app. It just go off black sreen. And then nothing happen.

The ride has 4 hours. I havent notice no slow dow display.
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

I have just completed a second test where I let my phone go completely dead during a ride and I still have not been able to duplicate your crash. I am convinced that this must have something to do with the internal ride database being in the middle of an update or save operation when the iPhone battery finally dies. I have code in the routine that is supposed to be called when the phone decides it needs to terminate the apps. The apps should get terminated if the battery gets too low and the phone decides it needs to turn off. This code is supposed to save any remaining data and shutdown. I will continue my testing here to see if I can catch the problem. In the mean time, I would strongly recommend that quit the app before your phone goes completely dead. Until I can find out what is causing the corruption, the safest thing for you to do is to avoid the situation that causes the crash.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. But if I cannot reproduce the problem, it is very difficult to find and test a fix for the problem.

Do you have any other apps running in the background? Do you know if you may have received a phone call, email, text message, or any other notification around the time the iPhone battery died and the app crashed? I'm trying to think of reasons why the iBike app may have been unable to respond quickly enough to the terminate command which may have left the ride file database in an unfinished or corrupted state.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

I use the Iphone just for ride. I can send you by email all the data that is on the folder of the iphone root. I have tested, and only the ibike.app is corrupted, becusae when I replace it with the Ifunbox, the Ibike app has the same error. If you have a on line Dropbox type account I can use them to transfer the all folder so you can check where the problem is.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

Today a new error: charging is not supported with this accessory...

Help please! All contacts are clean it works with a iphone cable.