iBike Dash+Power end of Life

greggx4

iBike Dash+Power end of Life

Post by greggx4 »

So I gather from comments elsewhere on this forum and release of other hardware, that the iBike Dash+Power will not see any more updates or development. No update for the iPhone 5, even tho there is now other hardware and software that you produce for the newer iPhones. I'm sorry to see the iBike Dash+Power die...
phelgar

Re: iBike Dash+Power end of Life

Post by phelgar »

There is no way that iBike Dash+Power is going away. It is by far the best training tool on the market. The only iBike Dash+Power that is at the end of life is mine. I rode over some rough road yesterday at high speed and the unit blow apart. The iPhone survived with a few scratches. I blame myself for forgetting to place some electrical tape over the latch before riding. (I normally use my Newton for high speed group rides) Off to replace the unit with a new one. Looking forward to new updates including PowerStroke+.
Attachments
ibike 1.JPG
ibike 1.JPG (131.84 KiB) Viewed 12607 times
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

super glue!
phelgar

Post by phelgar »

No super glue, a replacement is in order. I could not find the latch in my search for the pieces. Also I would not trust the waterproofing after this.
Attachments
ibike 3.JPG
ibike 3.JPG (115.58 KiB) Viewed 12597 times
ibike 2.JPG
ibike 2.JPG (122.46 KiB) Viewed 12596 times
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Yeah, I had the same issue too. High speeds on rough chip seal roads usually causes the latch to flip open and the lid drops down - luckily my ipod touch isn't as heavy as an iphone and most of the time stays inserted in the phone booth due to the tight seal. I had to quickly scramble to shut the lid as I freewheel downhill at 50+kph!

It's annoying though that this happens.

Finally, I put a dab of blutac on the bottom of the latch which locks the latch down and it never rattles open anymore - yay !

Low tech and cheap solution for a high tech device.
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

I must agree that case is not so strong as should be...
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

phelgar wrote:No super glue, a replacement is in order. I could not find the latch in my search for the pieces. Also I would not trust the waterproofing after this.
Just so you know, If your electronics in that unit are still in working order, Velocomp can re-case that unit in New Plastics for $69 + Shipping. We've strengthened the latch mechanism, and will return your repaired unit with the improved latch.

Please also send your mount if you choose to do so. Feel free to contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for more info. Thanks