Aeropod difficulty mounting...

ScottChapman

Aeropod difficulty mounting...

Post by ScottChapman »

So, I've got the Aeropod. Which is great.

But I find it MUCH finickier (wow, that is a word?) to get mounted into the gopro mount than the previous powerpod.

I have a K-Edge combo mount (for my Wahoo Bolt & Aeropod), and I find I have to do a fair amount of finagling to get the mounting bolt to go through properly.

However, I got another K-Edge combo mount for my gravel bike, and I found it is virtually impossible to mount correctly. Basically I can get the bolt to screw through the right side, but it doesn't seem to lineup with the threads on the left side (so the bolt doesn't go all the way through. It seems secure and about the same angle as the mount on my other bike so I think I'll ride with it. But I never found the previous model to be this difficult to get mounted...

I have found that using an awl helps to get the holes lined up as best as possible, but no luck with the second mount...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Aeropod difficulty mounting...

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...I guess different manufacturers have different tolerances. The only thing we can know for sure is that our mounts work...
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Re: Aeropod difficulty mounting...

Post by ScottChapman »

True, all things manufactured have different tolerances. Just noticing that new unit seems harder to mount that previous models in same mount.

Anyone else using the K-Edge mounts with AeroPod?