Scan not working

dquirk29

Scan not working

Post by dquirk29 »

My Newton didn't pair on startup. Tried doing a manual scan, updated the firmware to the latest, and did a hard reset, scanned multiple times still no sensors detected. I have a garmine speed sensor on the hub and a Ibike heart rate monitor, they have lights to show they are still working. Also did a scan w/ another ANT+ bike/HRM and not luck. Has been working flawlessly for a couple of years until now, any ideas? Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Scan not working

Post by Velocomp »

Do a hard reset of your Newton; try:

1) press-hold the center button for about 12 seconds, until the screen goes blank and restarts (release button);

OR

2) press-hold the left, down, right, and center buttons or about 12 seconds, until the screen goes blank and restarts (release button)

Which method will work for you depends on the manufacturing date of your Newton.

After hard reset, try a new scan.
John Hamann
dquirk29

Post by dquirk29 »

I did the hard reset #2 a few times...Still not finding HRM or Speed
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Remove the batteries from your HRM and speed sensor. Momentarily insert the battery in backwards into each sensor. This does a reset of the sensor. Reinsert the batteries normally (make sure the batteries are good!).

Try another scan. If this doesn't work, then your Newton is not functioning properly.
John Hamann
dquirk29

Post by dquirk29 »

No luck after the hard reset of the HRM strap and speed sensor.

Next step?

Cheers
DQ
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann