Ride data seem off

still-chasing

Ride data seem off

Post by still-chasing »

Went for a ride today with sets of workouts to do. Did a good warm up and started my planned workout. I'm not saying that I'm super strong but the power numbers I'm seeing compared to my perceived effort seem low. I was pushing hard and I barely touch my goal numbers. I chased numbers and after the turnaround, I was spent and barely keep my numbers up. Even at an Aerobic pace. Check the file in ISAAC to see what's going on. I see mostly blue icicle even after the turnaround. This is an out and back course. My suspicion started last week when my friend and I did an FTP test together. We weigh the same and almost identical bike. Can't believe his FTP result was a little higher than mine because I almost lapped him. Anyway, can someone please look at my file and see if my settings are correct? THANKS!
NOTE: TT bike.
Also, I don't know what happened but Newton cut a portion of my ride towards the end. You'll see where I joined the file together.
Attachments
iBike_08_23_2015_0723_Sunday Workout_47_Miles.ibr
(573.68 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
dverhetsel

Re: Ride data seem off

Post by dverhetsel »

I had exactly the same problem. After a lot of searching on the forum I found that it was simply my ibike mount that was a little bit loose. I only had to tighten the screws a little bit to have 'correct' power output.

Dirk
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Were you in a group ride?
John Hamann
Pete

Post by Pete »

Is 73kg (160lbs) correct weight for bike + rider?

You do appear to have tail wind the whole ride (which was probably not actually the case)
st.JPG
st.JPG (151.74 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
Also i notice the elevation is a bit off at the same locations from outbound to return
I was curious about the variable slope but the elevation profile seems to match, as does your gear ratio?
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

This was a solo ride along the riverbed. No car traffic. The elevation was set to 37 before the ride. My weight is 136lbs. Same bike setup as I had always. Tech support suggest I do another cal ride. I did and when I switched to the new profile, the power data seem to be closer to what it should be. It's just weird to because haven't mess with the old profile. New question is, does the profile degrade after some time? That would be hard to grasp as they are digital.
Would like to get some tips how you guys keep the Wind sensor plug secured. I think I have mine very secure but would like to hear or see what set up the others have. Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind speed is low (tail wind all the time). This would cause watts to drop. Make sure your RWS is secure in the port.
John Hamann
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Thanks John. So, the errors in my ride file was caused by an improperly inserted RWS? The tech support suggest I do another cal ride. Do you have something in the works to improve the RWS plug? i have mine already jammed all the way in. I notice in the updated Newton case that the wind scoop slopes down. What's the design of the RWS?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email Tom Gore, tgore@velocomp.com He may be able to help you.
John Hamann