Ibike Newton and Garmin Vector

Sykkel

Ibike Newton and Garmin Vector

Post by Sykkel »

Is it possible to pair Garmin Vector pedals to Ibike Newton?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Ibike Newton and Garmin Vector

Post by Velocomp »

We will look in to this.
John Hamann
entwistlejon

Post by entwistlejon »

Greetings. Have there been any advances since the last post? I am considering on purchasing the Garmin Vector pedals (I'm particularly interested in the left leg-right leg power distribution), but I don't want to fork out for a Garmin device.
KenS

Post by KenS »

Why not just upgrade to Powerstroke? ;)
-- Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KenS wrote:Why not just upgrade to Powerstroke? ;)
I agree. PowerStroke provides very useful left/right pedal stroke information, and if you own a Newton, the price of the PowerStroke upgrade is less than the sales tax you'll pay on the Vector.
John Hamann
entwistlejon

Post by entwistlejon »

All very true, however...

I am interested in a DFPM as I want to research the CdA feature of the Newton. At the same time, I also want to compare the L/R profile of Powerstroke (which is an inferred/calculated value) with direct force data measurements.

I have compared my Newton data with the standard equations of cycling power and so far, so good. However, as an experimental physicist, surely it's good to have more than one approach in order to independently validate the Newton?

Like I say, I am more interested in the CdA, but I don't want to fork out for device just to collect L/R DFPM data.

Any chance L/R will be included in future sfw releases?
entwistlejon

Post by entwistlejon »

Hello again.

Any advances with the Newton displaying L/R power output? More to the point, what DFPM does Newton support? I am now considering getting a DFPM (Rotor power crank - I've ran out of patience with Brimm Brothers and I don't ride with the pedals that come with Garmin Vectors) so that I can benefit from your CdA/Wind Tunnel Upgrade. But my first question is, regardless of L/R power display will the Newton support this DFPM. In fact is there a list of the DFPM that Newton supports?

Thanks in advance. Loving the Newton BTW, I am convinced! Excellent piece of kit, that I'll be writing about on my Blog in a few week's time.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

entwistlejon wrote:Hello again.

Any advances with the Newton displaying L/R power output? More to the point, what DFPM does Newton support? I am now considering getting a DFPM (Rotor power crank - I've ran out of patience with Brimm Brothers and I don't ride with the pedals that come with Garmin Vectors) so that I can benefit from your CdA/Wind Tunnel Upgrade. But my first question is, regardless of L/R power display will the Newton support this DFPM. In fact is there a list of the DFPM that Newton supports?

Thanks in advance. Loving the Newton BTW, I am convinced! Excellent piece of kit, that I'll be writing about on my Blog in a few week's time.
The Newton supports all ANT+ power sensors, with the POSSIBLE exception of the Garmin Vector (we don't know if the L/R power data is sent in a different format).

Brimm Brothers has been promising their product since 2009.
John Hamann