Newton Tracker Freeze

PAllen

Newton Tracker Freeze

Post by PAllen »

The Newton Tracker app on my iPhone would not start my ride today. It worked last week. Here are the particulars...
iPhone 5, IOS 7.3 (upgraded between rides)
The app starts and allows you to move between screens, shows the last ride, allows selection of ride type, allows adding a bike, allows you to look at past rides but
will not select music, and after you press Start Ride, the Start Ride button dims and the app locks up. GPS is on.

Any help would be appreciated. I stopped the app and restarted it several times but couldn't get it to work. I haven't deleted and reinstalled the app or restarted the phone. I also updated MapMyRide after all these problems and it crashed also. I first suspected GPS problems on the phone but other apps (maps, etc) are working.

Thanks,
Paul
PAllen

Re: Newton Tracker Freeze - Update

Post by PAllen »

Tried rebooting the iPhone. Newton Tracker is apparently working now as are other apps. Not sure what happened.
Case closed...

Paul
FirmwareGuy

Re: Newton Tracker Freeze

Post by FirmwareGuy »

Hi Paul,

Rebooting the phone was actually going to be my suggestion. I've seen this sort of behavior in apps from other companies as well in the past and the first thing I always try is a phone reboot. More often than not, it clears up the issue.

Chris.