iBike not responding to download

faheyb

iBike not responding to download

Post by faheyb »

I have a new issue with downloading from my Newton to the PC, and received the dreaded "ibike unit not responding." It has not shown any issues in the previous 4 months. I had my first wet ride today, but no signs of the aero port blockage, the tab over the USB connector on the Newton remains intact and appears nice and clean.

I have tried another UBS port, another Android USB connector, and even tried the laptop, all with the same result. The "tips" appear to apply to the previous generation, with the twist connector, but is it sensible to attempt to clean the Newton end of the USB cable.

Any good ideas?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike not responding to download

Post by Velocomp »

Please try a hard reset.
John Hamann
faheyb

Post by faheyb »

Have completed a hard reset, and then reset time and date. BUT the result is just the same, there appears to be no connection between the SW and the Newton.

I then went through the device connect tab to check on any connection between SW and the Newton, this subsequently directed me to rescan and then "test connect.' This resulted in an instruction that iBike needs to use a comm port in the range of 1-64. Further instructions directed me to reload the USB Silican driver, which was completed.
Following the removal of the old driver and reinstallation, my Newton connected and showed the files that I was attempting to download. This then failed to complete download and then gave an error code 6004. Following this we were back to the ibike not responding.

Note that the 3Hr 20min ride completed this morning , which showed as 91Km on the Newton when the ride was completed, was listed in my Newton as a file with 0 Km. !!! The Newton behaved perfectly normally during this ride and a quick check on completion of the ride showed the Totals, Enviro data etc to be as expected.

What next.

Brian
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You should return your unit to us: technicalsupport@velocomp.com.
John Hamann