Data reset

blp

Data reset

Post by blp »

In the last couple of weeks I've have experienced wierd things happening with the Newton. At least three times, during a ride, the Newton has stopped working and displays "DATA RESET" The resulting files are truncated and display "0" distance in file name. After reset, the file date is incorrect. For example, today the first bit of the 3.5 hr ride was 18.2 km the name "iBike_2012_10_13_0806_0_km.ibr" and the next segment was "iBike_2012_09_24_0007_56_km.ibr". When ther is a data reset, sometimes it resets dae and time, today only data such as the file name and elevation (I set it manually before every ride).

The wind trace is off as well. Today it displays a tail wind for 99% of the ride, when in fact the route was circular and my legs will confirm that there was significant head winds as well as cross winds. The affects the wattage. I have to do a lot of anaysis massaging to get the file to resemble what the ride felt like.

Also today, it did not display power for quite a while, although it appears in the file. When the power display resumed after a bump in the road, the wattage was way off. End of the ride, soft pedallingup a slight incline at 450+W, then slowly that number was coming down.It was quire wet today, don't know if that interferes with Newton. I know that rain did affect iBike Gen III / ANT+ mount if water got to the contacts.

Is this a Newton issue or an issue with MY Newton?

It is very frustrating.
Attachments
iBike_2012_10_13_0806_0_km.ibr
Direct from Newton
(175.56 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
iBike_2012_09_24_0007_56_km.csv
Direct from Newton
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
iBike_2012_10_13_0806_0_km.ibr
Massaged combined file
(822.38 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Data reset

Post by Velocomp »

All three of your ride files show the "Factory Profile", meaning that calibrations have not been completed. This is why your wind readings are so wacky.

Make sure to use the Device/Setup... option in Isaac to get your data entered properly, and then do a Cal Ride.

I don't understand the Data Reset issue, but make sure your battery is fully charged. If this issue continues please return your unit to us for examination.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 5.07.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 5.07.49 PM.png (81.57 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
John Hamann
blp

Post by blp »

Thanks for the response. It's my bad. I was playing around with the Profile setup the other day and I guess I did not reset to Profile 1.

As for the Data Reset, that has occured a few times as well as lock up requiring a force quit / restart.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

blp wrote:Thanks for the response. It's my bad. I was playing around with the Profile setup the other day and I guess I did not reset to Profile 1.

As for the Data Reset, that has occured a few times as well as lock up requiring a force quit / restart.
Make sure to update to 214, now available.
John Hamann
blp

Post by blp »

Isaac software says FW2.13 is the most recent.
blp

Post by blp »

Hi;

I'm back with the same issue.

On yesterday's ride, after 51 km the Newton decided to "Data Reset". Then a few seconds later it reset again.

When I downloaded the files, the 52 km file was there, but with the wrong start time and no distance in the filename. The second was nowhere I could find and the third segment of the ride (after the second reset) had the ride date as October 10, 2012, 0000 start time and zero distance.

I appended the files to get a complete ride.

What's going on? This happens quite frequently it seems.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please contact Tom Gore at technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann