Saving Ride Files

faheyb

Saving Ride Files

Post by faheyb »

For the last 18 months or so, I have saved my iBike ride files by exporting as CSV files, rather than IBR files. My reasoning was that I like to retain all ride files so that they are accessable by the iBike SW, previously GEN3 and now ISSAC, AND transfer all ride files to Training Peaks at the time of download. I have found that the IBR file will not drag and save in Training Peaks (dont know why) As a result I have a massive list of CSV iBike files.

Yesterday I finally upgraded to 1.0.10, and to my horror the CSV file , once saved will not open with ISSAC. A message appears " This is an exported iBike CSV file which does not have the data necessary to open here. Please open the IBR file from which the file was exported"

Anyone able to help me retain the ride file listing as a file that will save in Training Peaks and open with ISSAC at a later date.

Thanks

Brian
racerfern

Re: Saving Ride Files

Post by racerfern »

I also save ALL my ride files, both in the original format and in CSV. With the advent of the compressed ibr file that contains tons of data in a smaller file that is the only file that will open. CSV files now don't have all the junk characters that used to bloat the file.

Bottom line, open the ibr file that was recorded, export as CSV and then drag/drop onto WKO. I'm not sure what you mean by ride file listing, but all your rides will still be in filename order which should work to find any given file.
Fernando