Annoying functionality

nilbike

Annoying functionality

Post by nilbike »

Two week-ends in a row my workout have been interrupted by failure of PowerHouse software or the iPhone itself. This is frustrating as an interrupted workout is a "please do it again" workout. Sometimes the PowerHouse simply refuse to start after a pause. Another scenario (happened today) is that the iPhone sometimes just get overheated by being to long in direct sunlight. Having a 3 hours workout in sunny Texas (95 F) is sometimes to much for an iPhone, especially since the cooling is limited inside the sealed PowerHouse box.

Using technology to enhance the workout is a big improvement, but I refuse to be a slave of the technology. When the technology messes up, I would rather finish the workout and hope for the best at next workout. A big flaw in the PowerHouse software is that if a workout is not finished, it simply has not been done. If I can't move beyond the 3 hours long week-end ride, how am I supposed to continue my 1 hour weeknight workouts ?

There is one feature that would help tremendosly when following a plan and move on the the workout gets interrupted: Ability to skip a workout.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Annoying functionality

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...if a workout is stopped prematurely, you should have the option to do over or save. If you save the workout it automatically moves on to the next one. I've done this several times myself.

That said, we will look at this part of the app carefully. I agree that this should be a clearly delineated option.
John Hamann
nilbike

Re: Annoying functionality

Post by nilbike »

I do not get an option to save as the PowerHouse software stops responding. Sometimes the play button ">" changes to "II" but none of the numbers change.

I left it on and kept on biking, but there were no progress in an hour. Forcing the app to close and restart it was the only way to get it going again, but then it went back to the start screen for the workout. As the intensity of the 3 hour workout is constant I just continued so that I got my 3 hours on at the planned level. After the 3 hours workout, but with still 1.5 hours of "PowerHouse time" to go, I hit the "Done" button. Then, I got the "Exit Ride, you have not completed....... are you sure ?" prompt, with no option to save. I was by now low on battery and decided to exit so I could get the iPhone on a charger.

In order to move on in the plan, my only option now is to start a fake 3 hours session and let the program run its course. Hopefully it will let me gracefully exit and move on to one of the 1 hour weekday sessions. Any minor adjustment performed based on my "how did it feel" input will of course be way off.

Like I said, an option to ignore/skip the session would be more convenient and would leave the user more focused on the quality and progress of the training.