Powerhouse questions

nilbike

Powerhouse questions

Post by nilbike »

Hi !

I am following the CycleMax plan (I am only at 2...), I do have a few questions:

1. Is the fitness test running continuously in the background, or is the only way to recalibrate your power/color-scale to do another fitness test ?
I am asking as I believe the measurements during a workout can be used to evaluate the fitness and make small adjustments, especially when you go full out on some of the intervals.

2. Is the plan designed as having one workout per day ?

3. Is there a overview for the plans, showing a overall schedule ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerhouse questions

Post by Velocomp »

Great questions!

1) The Fitness Test is a specific workout-ride that measures your fitness, by measuring the average power you can maintain during the all-out interval at the end of the warmup. You've probably done the first fitness test, a 20 minute ride with an all-out 5 minute interval at the end. Your completed Fitness Test has calibrated your POWERHOUSE and your CycleMax plan so that all of the CycleMax workouts are customized to you.

2) Fitness Tests are done after each set of 5-10 workouts (depends on your chosen PH plan).

HOWEVER, after each workout you are asked to "rate" the difficulty of the workout just completed. It is on a scale of 1 (extremely easy) to 10 (impossibly difficult). Make sure you rate your workout; as you do your plan will adjust slightly, in between each Fitness Test.

3) Yes, the plan is designed for 1 workout each day. Your body needs time to recover after each workout. In fact, on some days you'll get a Rest Day--a complete day of non-riding.

4) We don't yet have an overview for the plans. However, you can see on each day which ride you're on, and how many remain.

I am using the Express Fitness plan, and today I completed ride #47 out of 54. Two days ago I had my fifth fitness test, and tomorrow is a Rest Day!
John Hamann
nilbike

Post by nilbike »

Thank you for the answers.

I think was a little clumsy formulating my question related to the "one per day". What I meant to ask was how do I know when to take a complete rest day, apart from the general principle of at least 1 day per week.
The CycleMax has 62 workouts, will it take 62 days to complete ?
I am trying to combine the training with running and swimming, so I was thinking maybe I mess things up if I take 80 or 100 days to complete the 62 workouts.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your plan will tell you when to take a rest day. After you finish your ride you should see what is coming for the next day's workout.

I've taken longer than 54 days to complete Express Fit (lots of business travel); it won't mess you up if you're taking breaks for other things.
John Hamann