jobak

Re: Compatible Trainers Update

Post by jobak »

Tacx models for us the Europeans....?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you can find a speed/power profile for Tacx trainers we'll add them to the next release of iBike 3!
John Hamann
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

Velocomp wrote:As of December 10 2008

Also, any trainer profile can be custom edited in iBike 3

We now support some rollers, too.

Trainer Model

1Up USA, 6 Pockets
1Up USA, Inner Pockets
1Up USA, Outer Pockets
BlackBurn Fluid
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: A)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: B)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: C)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Mag, High (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Mag, Low (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Magneto (< 360 W)
CycleOps Magneto (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Wind (2002)
CycleOps Wind (data source: Manf)
Elite Fluid Alu
Elite Volare
Kinetic AC Pro
Kinetic Cyclone
Kinetic Road Machine
Kinetic Standard Fluid
Minoura VFS-R new (L)
Minoura VFS-R new (1)
Minoura VFS-R new (2)
Minoura VFS-R new (3)
Minoura VFS-R new (4)
Minoura VFS-R new (5)
Minoura VFS-R new (H)
Minoura VFS-R old (L)
Minoura VFS-R old (1)
Minoura VFS-R old (2)
Minoura VFS-R old (3)
Minoura VFS-R old (4)
Minoura VFS-R old (5)
Minoura VFS-R old (H)
Minoura VFS (Japanese)
Minoura MAG-850 (L)
Minoura MAG-850 (1)
Minoura MAG-850 (2)
Minoura MAG-850 (3)
Minoura MAG-850 (4)
Minoura MAG-850 (5)
Minoura MAG-850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (L)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (1)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (2)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (3)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (4)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (5)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (4)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (5)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (H)
Minoura E-RDA-1050R-PM
Minoura E-RDA-850 (L)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (1)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (2)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (3)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (4)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (5)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (H)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (L)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (1)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (2)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (3)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (4)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (5)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (H)
Nashbar Mag2 (Minoura), Hardest Setting
Performance TravelTrac Century Fluid
Spinervals Super Fluid 4.5
Trek Mag+, Hardest Setting
Vetta Trainer

Rollers

E-Motion
Kreitler, 4.5, 3.0, 2.25 Drums
Kreitler Killer Kool Headwind Fan, 0 to full open
Thanks for the edit function within IBike 3. Now I can fully dial in my settings with my trainer and load them to the Gen III unit...
Ty
charlesarndt

Post by charlesarndt »

I'm thinking of purchaisng a Kinetic Rock and Roll indoor trainer. I know ibike supports the Kinetic pro and road trainers, but how about the Rock and Roll? Thanks. charlesarndt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

At this time the iBike does not Rock and Roll. :D
John Hamann
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

charlesarndt wrote:I'm thinking of purchaisng a Kinetic Rock and Roll indoor trainer. I know ibike supports the Kinetic pro and road trainers, but how about the Rock and Roll? Thanks. charlesarndt
Check out the Kurt Kinetic website. According to the info in the pdf files the Rock and Roll has the same resistance curve as the Pro. Bottom right hand corner of the last page on either manual. I don't see where the rocking motion would have any affect on power output accuracy since wheel speed and the subsequent increase in resistance is the only critical factor.

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/manuals.php

FWIW, I have a KK Pro Trainer and I'm thrilled with it.
Fernando
charlesarndt

Post by charlesarndt »

Thanks racerfern. In looking more closely, I see now that the KK R&R can be ordered with either the road or the KK pro resistance units. charlesarndt
bex
Location: 'twixt Sylvan Lake and Eckville in Alberta, born in Manchester England. Always an Englishman

Post by bex »

I have just received a replacement resistance unit for my 1up trainer.
Its quite different from the original 3/6 pocket
this one has 9 bearings in the ru
I have asked 1 up for the equivalent setting for the old unit. Not yet had a definitive answer.

Because it is so smooth now (compared to the old unit) I actually think it might be equivalent to the 3 inner pockets but that setting does not conform to the power graph in the software. None of them do.
Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
Just got a reply: its similar to the 3 pocket, but cannot be changed for more resistance.
What is the procedure get get it more accurate?
By the way, if you are looking to invest in a trainer, the customer service from these guys is equal to Ibikesports. They are phenomenal. I am not that fit but I really do not see me ever out performing this unit.

Also, I changed from a 700c to a 650c bike. I looked up the 650c wheel measurement in IB3 and its way off with what it actually is.
Am I reading it wrong? It gives 2068 (from memory) and the actual is 1945

Great forum by the way.

Bex
Anybody got a pump? A pump, their allowed to give me a pump, right? Ms Wellington IM World Championships, Kona 2008
We love you Chrissie OH YES WE DOO,.. we love you Chrissie oh yes we dooo, we love you Chrissie, WEEEEEE dooooo, OH Chrissie we love yoouu
mfez

Post by mfez »

I have a Cyclops Fluid 2. In the list of trainers on "devices" it lists three or four with different power outputs at 20 mph. How do I know which one to use? Do I test my power output at 20 mph?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

bex wrote:Also, I changed from a 700c to a 650c bike. I looked up the 650c wheel measurement in IB3 and its way off with what it actually is.
Am I reading it wrong? It gives 2068 (from memory) and the actual is 1945
Bex
Just rolling one revolution and measuring won't cut it. Make sure you measure your actual by rolling out with you on the bike. You'll need someone's help for that. I agree all the measurements are off but that's not iB3's fault. These are commonly listed numbers on most tire/wheel sizes. My 700/23 comes in at 2089 measured and that's what I use. Go with 1945 as long as it's properly measured.
Fernando
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

mfez wrote:I have a Cyclops Fluid 2. In the list of trainers on "devices" it lists three or four with different power outputs at 20 mph. How do I know which one to use? Do I test my power output at 20 mph?
Start with the one that says data = manf (manufacturer) just below the graph. It says 187.1watts at 20mph. Pick that speed or a speed that's comfortable and see if you can hold that number and how it feels. It's not easy to compare trainer riding to riding outdoors. Indoor efforts appear to have a ton more effort for the same wattage. But it also doesn't matter much. As long as the numbers are in the ballpark pick a trainer profile and stay with it. The important thing is that you improve over time.
Fernando
mttvrtn

Post by mttvrtn »

racerfern wrote:
charlesarndt wrote:I'm thinking of purchaisng a Kinetic Rock and Roll indoor trainer. I know ibike supports the Kinetic pro and road trainers, but how about the Rock and Roll? Thanks. charlesarndt
Check out the Kurt Kinetic website. According to the info in the pdf files the Rock and Roll has the same resistance curve as the Pro. Bottom right hand corner of the last page on either manual. I don't see where the rocking motion would have any affect on power output accuracy since wheel speed and the subsequent increase in resistance is the only critical factor.

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/manuals.php

FWIW, I have a KK Pro Trainer and I'm thrilled with it.
Fernando, I have the KK Pro too. Which profile do you use since the KK Pro isn't listed? I can't see any difference between the AC Pro, Road Machine and Standard Fluid (it's obviously not the Cyclone and I doubt it's the Rock and Roll). I'd be interested in your views...

Matt

PS Meant to mention that the newer KK manuals don't list the resistance curve (why, KK, why?) and I can't find mine, hence the question.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Yeah, I went crazy when the KK Pro Machine wasn't listed. So I borrowed a PT wheel and set off to create my own calibration. The only thing I got was a lot of exercise because the KK Pro Machine and Road Machine have the resistance unit, hence the same profile.

Check this link for the power curve, http://www.kurtkinetic.com/documents/T- ... Manual.pdf

I suspect they've cut back on the power curve documentation now that they offer a computer that computes power.
Fernando
mttvrtn

Post by mttvrtn »

Thanks, Fernando.

I should have clicked around to check the other manuals, but my hunch was correct just from a visual comparison of the units. Glad I didn't have to go the PT wheel route though! :D

Matt
GWPOS

Post by GWPOS »

How do you change the trainer settings or do a custom trainer setting?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

GWPOS wrote:How do you change the trainer settings or do a custom trainer setting?
In the Trainer List tab, click on the trainer that is closest to what you think yours will be. Then click on the Coefficients tab and change the parameter you want so you get the power curve you're looking for. Finally, save your custom trainer setting and if satisfied send it to the iBike.

I would suggest that you don't use your PE as a determining factor to come up with a power curve. Indoor trainer sessions generally feel much harder than the equivalent outdoor session.
Fernando
GWPOS

Post by GWPOS »

Thanks racerfern, I actually used a power tap to get a rough idea of power numbers on my 1Up trainer with the new resistance unit. It is definately not one of the ones on the list, and the power curve is different than any on the list to.
I tried playing with the coefficients and this could be tricky. Not sure I understand how the numbers work together to build my power curve. Hopefully I will figure it out. Any quick tips would be appreciated.
minus10

Post by minus10 »

Could I confirm that this trainer (Cycleops Fluid 2 (2011)) would match one of the profiles?

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... ainer_2011
noel

Post by noel »

What can I do to enter the Performance Travel Trac Rollers which is 3.35 or 85 mm. I have a powertap but not ant or DFPM. I can ride 12 to 40 mph in 2 or mph increments maybe and then what do I have to do.

.35 in can make a difference I believe so just using the Kreitler 3.0 may not be enough. There are also so many users of this rollers that we should have a profile for it. For ever 1 person that has a Keitler, I think there are 3 with the performance travel trac in my observation.

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you have a powertap, then please record a ride file with it and then email the file to us. We will analyze it and develop a trainer profile.
John Hamann
Russ

Post by Russ »

First, Merry Christmas!

The question that came up while waiting for my wife to wake up this morning :) is....

I run 120 psi currently for the trainer ride with a KK (not pro or RR) unit. Seems that
I need about 10-12 handle notch turns to approach the tension that keeps the tire
from squeeling during moderate accelerations. The 10-12 notches, I mean turn one
notch at a time and count as the next notch comes vertical where I held the resistance
unit rearward until first contact to eliminate the built in spring tension slop.

This process brings up, really, two questions:
1. Since rolling resistance (I think) increases with more tension, should I eliminate
most/all or tolerate a lot of the squealing to best approximate the stated power curve?

2. Since the actual radius (and thus circumference) that the fixed position of the roller
is lower than on the road due to the curve of the roller vs the flatness of the road,
should there be a recalculation of the tire circumference used in setup for best
accuracy?

I think I have already had too much coffee this morning :-)

Peace to all!
Russ
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You're right about the 10-12 handle notch turns. I use 4 1/2 full turns of the black knob while four is what I need. Mark one of the knobs with a spot of white paint to make life a bit easier. I have a KK Pro so the difference is the additional weight which I usually leave attached. However, I use a Conti trainer tire which grabs really well and I also run at 120psi.

I think you need to keep squealing to a minimum if not using the additional weight to avoid skewed numbers on sudden accelerations and quick slowing. I don't see where tire circumference is going to have enough of an effect to significantly change the speed, hence power numbers. As long as you don't change things you've got consistency so leave well enough alone.
Fernando
tubesing

Post by tubesing »

Hello!

I will use iBike Dash+Power for indoor training when update comes.
So I need a profile of "Elite Parabolilc Folding Rollers" which has 3 rollers.
http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Parabolic-F ... B000BMBWUY

I don't need exact parameter but relatively fitted one is ok for me.

Thank you.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

It seems you should be able to use the Kreitler setup and modify it to adjust for the roller diameter. The power "curve" is linear so it should be fairly easy to tweak. http://www.kreitler.com/wattage_chart.pdf
Fernando
tubesing

Post by tubesing »

racerfern wrote:It seems you should be able to use the Kreitler setup and modify it to adjust for the roller diameter. The power "curve" is linear so it should be fairly easy to tweak. http://www.kreitler.com/wattage_chart.pdf
Hi racerfern,

Thank you kindly for fast and nice reply!
It seems good so I will try by your advice. :D
dabaracus

Post by dabaracus »

Any chance of getting JetBlack Z1 Fluid Trainer added, i have looked on their site and i have only been able to find the image on the attached link

http://jetblackcycling.com/aus/products ... -trainers/
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

dabaracus wrote:Any chance of getting JetBlack Z1 Fluid Trainer added, i have looked on their site and i have only been able to find the image on the attached link

http://jetblackcycling.com/aus/products ... -trainers/
Ok, this trainer has been added. In the iBike SW menu, select "Help -> Check Online for Trainer Update..." to accept the new list including the JetBlack. Select it in the list and send it to your iBike device.

Travis
dabaracus

Post by dabaracus »

thanks a bunch
DanielK

Post by DanielK »

I have a CycleOps Mag trainer and will be purchasing the firmware when I get back from vacation this week. What is the difference between the high and lower? I have no clue or how to determine which is for what??
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

DanielK wrote:I have a CycleOps Mag trainer and will be purchasing the firmware when I get back from vacation this week. What is the difference between the high and lower? I have no clue or how to determine which is for what??
It is the resistance setting.