Just can't get it right on my trainer

gtg007w

Just can't get it right on my trainer

Post by gtg007w »

I have a slightly older model of the Elite mag trainer and had the indoor mode set with the Level 3 since that's the resistance I have it on, but I just can't get it to work. I rode for 1.5 hrs last night covering 35 miles and it said my total output was 123 calories? I'm not sure what other settings I need to toggle. This isn't the first time I tried to use indoors either and prior times I also couldn't get it to work right. I'll export the power file and upload it, but here is the .tcx file.
Attachments
activity_1422588684.tcx
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 594 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Just can't get it right on my trainer

Post by Velocomp »

Please post your .ibr ride file from Isaac and we will take a look.
John Hamann
gtg007w

Post by gtg007w »

Here is the file.
Attachments
iBike_10_26_2016_1754_36_Miles.ibr
(189.53 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The problem is that this is an indoor trainer ride, but your ride wasn't recorded in indoor trainer mode. That is why you are getting such low values.

Do the following:

0) Connect your Newton to Isaac

1) Open your ride file

2) Go to "Device/Edit Trainer Settings..."

3) Select the model trainer you have.

4) Check the "Apply to Ride File" option in the lower right corner of the window.

5) Click the "Send to iBike" button

5) Your ride file will now be converted to trainer mode, and your trainer profile will be stored in your device. You burned about 1000 calories on this ride...

6) To record future files in trainer mode, go to "Device/Turn On Indoor Trainer Mode"

7) When you return to outdoor riding, go to "Device/Turn Off Indoor Trainer Mode"
John Hamann
gtg007w

Post by gtg007w »

Hmm. Interesting. I distinctly remember turning on the indoor bike mode before I did this ride like the other times, but maybe I didn't send that to the device. I'll try adjust the file again.

Thanks!