Calibration for indoor trainer

livestrong13

Calibration for indoor trainer

Post by livestrong13 »

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Newton 5+ and the Indoor feature with it.

I have 2 bikes. One bike to ride outside and an other bike, always fixed to my trainer, to ride inside. I have 2 pairs of ANT+ sensors (cadence and speed sensors) for each bike respectivelly.
Logically, I want to create 2 profiles in my Newton. One for my outside use and the other for an inside use only in indoor trainer mode.

After pairing the sensors, do i need to do a calibration ride (5min or 10min "Cal ride") with my second bike (profile 2) even if i use it only for indoor training?
And if "yes", can i do the calibration on my trainer simply? or it's mandatory to it outside?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration for indoor trainer

Post by Velocomp »

No cal ride is required for an indoor trainer. Using Isaac select profile 2, then select your trainer model, then enable indoor training. If you are using a different bike for indoor rides pair to your indoor bike sensor.
John Hamann
livestrong13

Post by livestrong13 »

I did it. It seems to be good.

Last question. If the Newton position is not the same as the first one, a variation of the slope has no affect? Logically for indoor training, the slope, wind... take no part in the calculation. but just need your confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Correct. When set to indoor trainer mode slope and wind are not measured.
John Hamann
livestrong13

Post by livestrong13 »

Thanks a lot!