iSport Keeps Impressing

voodoorada

iSport Keeps Impressing

Post by voodoorada »

I posted last week how the crr and friction numbers from my iSport diagnosed a bad wheel bearing. This week, the incidental benefits of the iSport get better.

I installed new bearings in my front wheel (AmClassic Sprint 350), installed the wheel and went for a ride. I figured that with new bearings, a new coast-down was in order. My crr had gone from 88 with a bad bearing to only 79 with the new bearings. I pulled off the road, and found that the hub has some play in it. I tightened the end caps, and re-ran the cd for a crr of 66.

Seeing the opportunity for some on-the-fly experimenting, I loosened the hubs far too much, and got a crr of 125! After about 20 more minutes of adjusting and re-testing, I got a crr of 49. And yes, all the coast-downs were done on the same stretch of road, with good, calm CD conditions...

So not only did the iSport alert me to a bad bearing, it helped me perfect the hub adjustment on the road.

Again, I am blown away by the precision and utility of the iSport. Thanks, Velocomp!