Moving Mounts between bikes

benlane

Moving Mounts between bikes

Post by benlane »

If I have created profiles on my Gen III wireless for different bikes with different wheelsets etc.

When I move the mount from bike A to bike B it is unlikely I'd re-attach the mount in the exact same spot of the stem, does my previous profile for that bike hold good? Just a new tilt calibrtation, wind offset, and ride?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Moving Mounts between bikes

Post by Velocomp »

If your moving your stem mount between bikes you'll need to repeat your tilt calibration each time (it will be impossible to get the mount at exactly the angle it was previously).

As long as your mount is in the same position it was the last time there should be no need to do new coast downs and cal rides.

Of course, the customary wind offset applies too.
John Hamann
benlane

Post by benlane »

Thanks John, that's the answer i was hoping for.
kylef

Post by kylef »

Velocomp wrote:If your moving your stem mount between bikes you'll need to repeat your tilt calibration each time (it will be impossible to get the mount at exactly the angle it was previously).
I assume this is true for handlebar mounts as well...? you explicitly mentioned stem mount above.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The same is true for handlebar mounts. Stem mounts are a bit easier because the stem controls pretty precisely the angle of the mount. With handlebar mounts the angle is not controlled. You'll need to be extra careful to not change the angle of the mount too much when you reinstall the handlebar mount.
John Hamann