Interval Marker?

mullerrj

Interval Marker?

Post by mullerrj »

I'm not sure what to call it...interval marker..bookmark, etc...but is there any way to place a "number marker" on the iBike Aero out on the road so that when I review the data on my computer I can see where I changed positions, etc. or anything for that matter. i.e. equipment change...during a particular ride? Ex. I change positions/equipment on a ride and want markers to tell me what my position/equipment was for a particular section of the ride. i.e. marker 1= hands on hoods, marker 2= hands on drops, marker 3= hands on handlebars, marker 4= aero position, tear drop helmet, marker 5= aero position, change aero bar postion, etc.

Thanks Rob
racerfern

Re: Interval Marker?

Post by racerfern »

Pressing and holding the LEFT button for a little over a second marks that point as the end of a lap. Everytime you change position just mark it as a lap. Then when you download the ride you can click on the various "laps" and the data for that section of the ride is displayed.

It works very well and can be used for any purpose from intervals to testing different positions. You can even manually click on the activity, right click and create a marker. Or you can take an existing "lap" and delete the marker without deleting the data.
Fernando
mullerrj

Post by mullerrj »

Ahh..very good, thanks Fernando..sounds like that lap feature will come in handy. I'll have to play around with it. Cheers Rob
jim_s

Post by jim_s »

This is no doubt a user education thing, but the left button used to be sub-trip, where when you pressed it, you would get readings (dist, time, ave power/speed, etc) for that particular period of time (ie, until sub-trip was ended). That seems to have now been replaced with this lap marker, which doesn't seem to display the interval-specific stats - how do I get that information to display? (ex, I might want to track, at the time, how I'm doing on a particular section or climb, or I might be throwing timed intervals in during a general ride (ie, not in the true interval mode), etc). No doubt this functionality is still there, but the only time I think about it is when I'm riding, and then I can't be trying to toggle through the various menus and sub-menus.

Thanks,

Jim
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Some time ago, people started asking for the ability to track intervals/laps and the latest version was created. Immediately, people started asking for some type of subtrip timer (ah the good ol days); the way it used to be. I imagine at some point we'll have the best of both worlds but for now, you have to press the lap button to see average totals for that lap/interval.

Depending on which iBike you own, you may also have intervals by pressing the right button and entering the interval screen. You can go for a ride, switch to intervals (which does zero out the ride time) and then finish your ride. Back at the computer you can merge these files very easily if you want to see the entire ride as one continuous ride.

I'm happy with my setup because my Garmin 705 has tons of "current lap" info as it progresses and it captures the iBike power info automatically recording laps based on position. Even if I happen to miss hitting the lap button on the iBike, the 705 captures the lap. It's great for hill intervals.
Fernando
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

You guys are going to love what we have up our sleeves!
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
kylef

Post by kylef »

Please tell me it's an interval mode like on the Ergomo computer. On the Ergomo, you enter interval mode and you can see the watts for the current and average watts for the interval on the same screen. Having both of these is really nice for "chasing the carrot" (ie- holding average wattage) during intervals, without pushing yourself beyond capacity.
jim_s

Post by jim_s »

No doubt you guys have some good stuff coming up concerning intervals, laps, etc. (Heavens knows you've heard enough whining from us on these items... ;-), but you're killing me w/ this 'wait till you see this' stuff... :-)

When can we (roughly) expect to see this sure-to-be-wondrous firmware update, do you think??

As a software developer, I can say definitively that the level of whining generally drops off a good bit when you let people know approx what is coming and when. :-)

I'm looking forward to it whatever and whenever it is, that's for sure!
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

I saw in another thread that John is hoping for around a March 1st timeframe for the new firmware. I've probably guilty of asking this question more than anybody. . .but that's because it's based on a lot of my ideas.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories