View Active Topics

JulianBoulter

View Active Topics

Post by JulianBoulter »

Is anyone else seeing this? There seems to be something wrong with the forum when I view active topics, even though there are recent active posts it never shows me anything irrespective of what time period I choose
Pete

Re: View Active Topics

Post by Pete »

Yes same for me Julian.
I do however see latest posts via the "new posts" option.

Recently I was finding that I was always having to login despite checking "automatically log in" (or whatever)
That seems to have passed however.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We recently upgraded to a new version of phpBB, which solved the login problem.

I don't know about the other problem.
John Hamann
JulianBoulter

Post by JulianBoulter »

Velocomp wrote:We recently upgraded to a new version of phpBB, which solved the login problem.

I guess it caused this new problem John which is quite bad, it means the only way to look at currently active topics is to scan through the board index for modified dates which is very painful and means that people will miss new comments.
As Pete mentioned you can still see new posts but people will still miss new comments to existing posts, hopefully this can be sorted
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I will see if we can get this fixed.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

JulianBoulter wrote:
Velocomp wrote:We recently upgraded to a new version of phpBB, which solved the login problem.

I guess it caused this new problem John which is quite bad, it means the only way to look at currently active topics is to scan through the board index for modified dates which is very painful and means that people will miss new comments.
As Pete mentioned you can still see new posts but people will still miss new comments to existing posts, hopefully this can be sorted
When I log in I click on the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page. This is still working just fine...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

JulianBoulter wrote:

OK, I think we have this fixed now. Let me know if you agree...
John Hamann
JulianBoulter

Post by JulianBoulter »

Thanks John, yes I agree! this is working again, now I can catch up on the missed threads! :D
swirusek

Post by swirusek »

for me, everything works fine