Printing - removing black background

longinthetooth

Printing - removing black background

Post by longinthetooth »

I view my isaac data nearly always online. Recently I have a leg injury issue, and am doing some leg strengthening, ie, single leg drills. So I wanted to print my ride data to give to my physio. However, the black background just about obliterates all the coloured lines, apart from using lots of black ink!
Is there any way of changing the colours? For lines? For the background? Obviously as it currently stands you can't remove the background as the white Wheel speed would disappear, and the other lighter colours might be difficult to see?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Printing - removing black background

Post by Velocomp »

There's no way to alter the colors in Isaac. However, you might try creating a pdf of your ride file, then opening the pdf in Photoshop. In Photoshop you can manipulate the image all you want...
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

If you do not have photoshop - which is not a cheap software package - you can also use "GIMP" (search through Bing or Google. This is a public domain software package that does about the same thing. There are other software choices around, depending on which computer platform you use (Mac or PC....)

-

Regards,

Tom
Rolando

Post by Rolando »

If you are not shy of typing commands try ImageMagick (which is free) and type:

Code: Select all

convert original.png -fuzz 10% -fill white -opaque black result.png
the -fuzz option helps you match a % off from black. Just in case your image doesn't have pure black on it.

Rolando
longinthetooth

Post by longinthetooth »

Although it is disappointing that the Isaac colours can't be changed, (maybe something for a future release??), I appreciate the helpful comments about photoshop and alternatives.
Cheers