Deleting Bad Data on Coach app

JoLene

Deleting Bad Data on Coach app

Post by JoLene »

I have been using the iBike Coach app as my main cycling computer for about a month, but I need some help figuring out a few things.

1) Bad ride data: There is a ride that I've done twice now and both times, everything looks good until the end of the ride when I look at my mileage, it is some huge number (today we rode 8k at an average speed of 3k/hour). My assumption would be some type of power interference, we actually went home a slightly different route. Edit: I looked it up on the Strava map and the places where it cut off was different, and Strava did not get the whole ride.

I thought that when I uploaded the data into Strava, it was fine ---- but I actually think it is cutting off some data since my friends computer was dating it was a 30+ mile ride and on strava it says 27.2. Also, we climbed a pretty big hill at the beginning of the ride and then did the backside on the way home. The elevation profile in strava does not show this.

2) Deleting bike or ride data:
This situation happened the first time I used the Coach app. I had created a bike profile. Because I couldn't figure out how to delete a ride, I had to creat another bike profile. Now it's happened on my "clean" profile. I don't want to keep having to create bike profiles whenever I have this problem. Is there a way to delete bike profiles and/or specific rides.

3)PowerHouse question:
I still haven't been able to complete one ride using the Powerhouse app. Apparently there is too much vibration. The app works fine, at the beginning, but 5-10 min into the ride, the power indicator stops moving. I have the case mounted on my handlebars, but they are pretty wide and the screws just barely made it into the washers. I ordered the other mount(steer tube) but before I try to install this, I'm wondering if this would really be more stable. We don't have super smooth roads (especially in areas where we don't have lots of traffic) and there are lots of hills so its not unusual to get up to 30+ mph on the backside of a hill and most bikes I know have some vibration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JoLene

Re: Deleting Bad Data on Coach app

Post by JoLene »

Bueller, Bueller......

anyone have any ideas that can help me?
FirmwareGuy

Post by FirmwareGuy »

Hi,

To delete a ride from your list of rides, simply start with your finger on the right side of the phone and swipe to the left across the ride you'd like to delete. A red "Delete" button should appear. If you tap on the delete button, the ride should go away.

Are you using bike sensors (Speed and cadence) for your rides or are they strictly GPS based? I'm trying to figure out what might be causing the strange distance being reported.

Since you mentioned Powerhouse, my assumption is that you are in fact using a bike speed/cadence sensor. When you say the power indicator stops moving, is it frozen in place of does it get stuck on one side or the other of the display?

Chris.
JoLene

Post by JoLene »

Thanks for telling me how to delete.
I am using speed and cadence sensor. This continually seems to happen on rides that are 25+ mile rides.
However, now all of a sudden my cadence and speed sensors are not working. I can pair them up, but when I start riding they are not working or the try randomly start and stop working.

Any help would be appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Sensor problem

Post by Velocomp »

Make sure your magnets pass within 1-2 coin widths of the sensors.

If this does not fix the problem then change the battery in your sensor.
John Hamann