"HRT is OFF" on ibike Newton message

Drissmalet

"HRT is OFF" on ibike Newton message

Post by Drissmalet »

Hi there
I started to get some weird reading from my heart monitor and figured it was the battery. It alsways has been working great for 7 month. It is a Garmin basic heart rate wirelss with strap (ant compatible of course)
I put a brand new battery.
The ibke newton now says "HRT monitor OFF" when trying to detect it.
I did a cold boot and still can;t detect it
I washed the strap, got them a bit wet and strapped to a shaved chest and nothing
I checked and double checked the battery placement and it looks fine
I went to manual setup and when it detects spec 1, it just keep bliking on it (typically it will move to 2)

Then i move it manually to the next screen, it says pin off, then it says " HRT is OFF"

I HAVEN;T NOT done new cal ride or new calibration!
Please help as I just bought this HRT monitor 6 months ago
Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: "HRT is OFF" on ibike Newton message

Post by Velocomp »

Sadly, it appears your HR strap is not working. When you do a Scan, if your HR strap is found it will say HR found.

Put the battery backwards into your HR strap for a moment, then put it in normally. Wait one minute, then attach your HR strap to your chest, or firmly grasp both portions of the strap with your hands. Either should wake up the sensor. Wake up the speed/cadence sensor on your bike. Then, do a Scan.

During the scan you should see SPCD Found, and the number 1 will flash. Then, hopefully, you will see HR Found, meaning your HR strap has been found.

If you don't see the HR found message, then your HR strap is not working.
John Hamann
Drissmalet

Post by Drissmalet »

Thank you very much John

I did what you said and it actually "revived" the heart monitor. The ibike did detect it, but after few miles the heart monitor started to give me eroneous readings and then just stuck on same number.
you were exactly right, it seems this strap is gone

I bought this Garmin strap just 7 month ago once I got my ibike so hopefully i can get some replacement if not I will buy another strap

I know you guys don;t sell heart rate monitor straps but if you guys have a recommendation, let me know
Thanks again
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Drissmalet wrote:Thank you very much John

I did what you said and it actually "revived" the heart monitor. The ibike did detect it, but after few miles the heart monitor started to give me eroneous readings and then just stuck on same number.
you were exactly right, it seems this strap is gone

I bought this Garmin strap just 7 month ago once I got my ibike so hopefully i can get some replacement if not I will buy another strap

I know you guys don;t sell heart rate monitor straps but if you guys have a recommendation, let me know
Thanks again
Actually, we do offer HR straps, here:

http://store.ibikesports.com/ibike-acce ... rate-strap
John Hamann