ibike good habits

mkpurt

ibike good habits

Post by mkpurt »

Just wanted to clarify if I am using my ibike correctly for setup.

1. Tilt- Need only to do once unless something changes on the bike
2. Calibration ride- Need only to do once unless something changes on the bike
3. Wind- I calibrate every ride after initial 10 minute warm up ride.

Can someone let me know if my logic is correct or if I missed anything? Thanks for your help
racerfern

Re: ibike good habits

Post by racerfern »

1. Correct
2. Correct, keep in mind losing 10lbs (4.5kg) is a good reason to do a cal ride.
3. Almost correct, calibrate just prior to your cal ride and don't bother calibrating again unless there is a BIG change in temperature.
I would say a 10°F(5°C) difference between the current temperature and the temp the day you did your last wind offset. So if you have 45 one morning, 70 the next and 50 the next I would recommend doing wind offsets. 55-60-65, don't bother.
Fernando
ronpei

Re: ibike good habits

Post by ronpei »

well in my locale, the temperature on a ride can change 5 deg C, yesterday I started at 10-12, dropped to 5 in a valley :o then back to 11 or so. It was early morning 6Am and the cold air had settled in valleys.... so I just accept that there may be some offset that is not 100%. I don't think the newton can detect these changes that fast though when I look at the data. In the afternoon the temp was 23 deg C on my ride home :-). I guess a wind offset is an easy task to do but I have not. I truly believe the leave it alone approach may well be the best advice on this forum.