Issac software

spinepa

Issac software

Post by spinepa »

Just wondering if there are any plans to upgrade issac to include more features. Similar to WKO. It would be nice to include run and swim data as well.
Thanks, Jeff
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Issac software

Post by Velocomp »

We've got lots of items on our list.

The next feature we will release will be revolutionary.
John Hamann
nsidirop

Post by nsidirop »

I would like to see the following parameters in graphics in the future ISAAC software versions:

ATL (Acute Training Load) - "Fatigue"
CTL (Chronic Training Load) - "Fitness"
TSB (Training Stress Balance) - "Form"

Since these are rolling averge values over calender weeks it would be nice with a monthly calender window in the upper right corner for example showing when rides were done.

Also very nice would be to have a weekly, monthly and yearly summary of rides done incl. both max and average values of all parameters such as distance, speed, normalised power, average power, cadence, TSS, ascending meters etc etc.
bewrong

Post by bewrong »

Hope this isn't too obvious of a question. I am using Isaac Version 2.2.3. The version with the graphics on the left hand side.

I can't seem to find the data values for TSS, NP, or IF? I've looked everywhere I can think of to look, and read through the Isaac Instruction manual.

Also, I am trying out Training Peaks. I used the "button" provided to upload to Training Peaks, which works just fine, except that the TSS, NP, And IF numbers are not making it to Training Peaks.

The values do get to Golden Cheetah when I export as CSV.

Help! Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It seems likely you are seeing the graphical images in the Stats box. If so TSS, NP and IF aren't shown.

If this is what you are seeing, right-click on the stats box, and select "Advanced Stats". The window will change to numbers, and NP, TSS and VI will be reported as you desire.

Training Peaks will compute TSS etc from the information exported by Isaac.
Attachments
Graphical Stats
Graphical Stats
Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 9.31.00 PM.png (53.4 KiB) Viewed 6792 times
Numerical Stats
Numerical Stats
Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 9.33.24 PM.png (25.45 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
John Hamann
bewrong

Post by bewrong »

Right click, Advanced Stats.
Got it!

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

bewrong wrote:Right click, Advanced Stats.
Got it!

Thanks!
Change your user name to "beright"!
John Hamann
Osman Isvan

Post by Osman Isvan »

In the Advanced Stats window, Energy (joules) equals the product of average power (watts) and time (seconds). The additional data appears to be the breakdown of this average power into specific categories Aero power, Rolling power and Gravity power. However, the sum of (Aero + Rolling + Gravity) average watts is not always equal to the average power; and it is not clear whether Climbing (ft) and Braking (kJ) energies are included in these average powers, or if there is a distinction between “climbing” and “gravity” energies. Does anyone know how to account for what percentage of the rider’s energy (average power) went into each of the categories Aero, climbing, tire rolling and drivetrain losses –and how to account for acceleration power? I tried using the “Tweak CdA” feature under the Analyze tab to temporarily set CdA = 0, thinking that the difference between “before” and “after” average watts should be the average Aero watts (likewise set Crr=0 to calculate average Rolling watts). Is this a valid method?
Osman Isvan

Post by Osman Isvan »

Is it correct to assume that "climbing" (meters) times "Cal Weight" (Newtons) is the portion of the energy that went to Gravity, and that the average Gravity power would be that energy divided by the time (seconds)?