Analysis of Rides

DanielK

Analysis of Rides

Post by DanielK »

Could anyone provide me the link that talks about all this analysis stuff that the iBike software does when you download the ride into the software? If there isn't couldn't is there anyone who could provide me the background on what all that stuff is.

I'll preface this by saying I'm catching up to all this stuff. I basically pedal a bike fast and make it go faster. iBike has helped me get faster so know I want to become as much an expert at it as I can.

Essentially, in a nutshell: The data from the iBike during the initial ride is different from what is downloaded after all the wind, elevation, route and any other stuff is analysed which usually results in high power readings for me. What is all that about? Which is the correct power reading that I should upload into TrainingPeaks to send to my coach? During my 6X10 intervals today my target wattage was 240 watts average. During each of the intervals it showed I was very near my goals and then when I downloaded it and it performed all the analysis stuff the average watts went up taking into account all the wind and everything else.

If anyone could just explain that to me I'd appreciate it. I know the iBike profile is solid as I've had Travis check it for me and get it locked in. I do a Tilt Calibration prior to every ride just to be extra accurate and it literally only takes less than 60 seconds to do in the course of me preparing to leave for my ride.

Thanks in advance!! ;)
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Analysis of Rides

Post by travispape »

Hi Daniel,

You emailed me a ride file before you posted this that I think might shed some light. Look for an email soon.

Travis