Profile / hoods elbows bent equals ??

Bike4Him

Profile / hoods elbows bent equals ??

Post by Bike4Him »

I sent a profile from the software to the iBike.
Within the profile I checked the box for riding on the hoods with my elbows bent.
I looked through the iBike after doing this and it seemed to change the profile to Hoods, no / Drops, no / TT, no.

What does "hoods elbows bent" coorespond with?
If I enter the fast start sequence in the iBike does it always show "Hoods, No" expecting me to change it or does it show the current profile?

Maybe this is the best question.
If I ride on the hoods with my elbows bent what should should I set up in the fast start sequence?
Or, should I check the cal ride and then send the profile to the iBike?
racerfern

Re: Profile / hoods elbows bent equals ??

Post by racerfern »

Hoods, elbows bent probably equates closer to drops.

Note that if you send a profile to the iBike then the FAST START sequence is over written. Hence you will get Hoods, no, drops, no, tt, no. In fact every time you enter the fast start sequence you get no on all three as it is looking for fresh input.

So... enter your fast ride data and do a cal ride to establish wind scaling. You can always download the profile that the iBike creates back into the software so you see what it did. Then, you can edit or do whatever with a profile and send it back to the iBike which overwrites your fast start.

The choice is yours but I assure you that as long as you have a good wind scaling the fast start sequence is an excellent way to go.
Last edited by racerfern on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

Here's today's cal ride.
Let me know what you think.
4 mile cal ride 12-03 Southview.csv
(188.26 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Pretty darn good if you ask me, and even if you don't. :)

I deleted the first and last .5 miles of the ride because they tended to skew the results. IOW, I used the middle three miles.
I think your wind scaling needs to come down to about .819 and your CdA is probably a bit lower than .355 with elbows bent.

IIWY I would lower the wind scaling as I pointed out and perhaps lower your CdA to .345. That will give you a number somewhere between riding on the hoods and riding in the drops.

Note, that even the profile you have now is pretty darn good, but you've provided good info that makes tweaking fairly easy. I see you have your FTP set so that's a good thing, so load the new profile into the iBike and ride.
Fernando
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

racerfern wrote: Note, that even the profile you have now is pretty darn good, but you've provided good info that makes tweaking fairly easy. I see you have your FTP set so that's a good thing, so load the new profile into the iBike and ride.
I'm gonna load it now and ride today. Thanks for your insight and help.