Switching profiles issue

Todj

Switching profiles issue

Post by Todj »

I've tried doing a search on 'Profile' but the forum search just tells me 'too many'. :(

I'm using the iPro on two separate machines - a road bike and a TT bike. Both use wireless mounts.

The set-up procedure on both has been done (including calibration rides) and both set ups work fine. Using the iBike software I can see that the profiles are correctly storing the different Speed/Cadence sensor IDs of the two setups. In use I'm getting sensible power numbers on both bikes.

However, I find that if the iPro has been in use on Machine 1 and, in the garage I put it onto Machine 2 and set the profile to 2 then it doesn't detect the Machine 2 sensors (and vice-versa). To successfully activate the other profile and detect the appropriate sensors I find I have to either wait for the iPro to go to sleep, or take the head unit well out of the range of the Machine 1 sensors so that it loses them.

Is this anticipated behaviour? :?:

Thanks.
Regards,
Richard
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Switching profiles issue

Post by Velocomp »

This is not the way things should be!

Please post two ride files: one from your road bike and one from your TT bike. We'll figure out what is going on...
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

When you are setting up for a ride - are you moving both bikes around before you can pair the sensors? Bike 1 might win the sensor race to bike 2....

Also - when you download the ride file - do you get the sensor changed message - do you want to update?

JUst a couple of thoughts

Tom
Todj

Post by Todj »

lorduintah wrote:When you are setting up for a ride - are you moving both bikes around before you can pair the sensors? Bike 1 might win the sensor race to bike 2....

Also - when you download the ride file - do you get the sensor changed message - do you want to update?

JUst a couple of thoughts

Tom
Thanks Tom,

If I'm getting ready and the sensors on all the bikes are 'asleep' then there is no problem - the profile picks them up fine.

I've never had a 'sensor changed' message when downloading ride files. :?:
Regards,
Richard
Todj

Post by Todj »

Velocomp wrote:This is not the way things should be!

Please post two ride files: one from your road bike and one from your TT bike. We'll figure out what is going on...
Hi John,

Two ride files attached. The 37 mile file is a bit of a potter on the road bike (Profile 1), whilst the 10 miles is a flat-out ten mile time trial on the TT machine (Profile 2).

As long as all thes sensors are asleep then switching profiles works OK. If they are awake on both bikes then swiching profile ddsoen't detect the 'proper' speed-cadence sensor. :?:

Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_2011_08_14_0841_37_Miles.csv
37 mile potter on road bike, Profile 1.
(351.03 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
iBike_2011_08_18_1912_10_Miles.csv
Ten mile TT on Profile 2.
(69.54 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Regards,
Richard