CRR variation: unidirectional or bidirectional?

EHB

CRR variation: unidirectional or bidirectional?

Post by EHB »

As regards the firmware update with the variable CRR: does it just go up from baseline or can it go both ways?

My use case is that I cycle often on the towpath by a canal and many of the roads are rubbish, so when I was writing up the bike I put the lower setting. From memory it was ‘bad asphalt’ or similar (the 28mm tires are mildly treded too), but rarely I actually get some nice road (or more commonly road I now know how to avoid all the potholes)

Should I be putting the Crr for the most common road surface or the best surface?

Currently I have 0.0058, which is for cheap commuter 28mm lightly treded tires on a rubbish surface. The distance in the GPS VeloTrack app is consistently roughly 2% higher, so very closely correct.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: CRR variation: unidirectional or bidirectional?

Post by Velocomp »

Crr goes up from the baseline value set in your profile. Crr adjustment depends on road roughness.

Set PP to the smoothest road you ride on. Crr will automatically adjust when you hit rougher patches.
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Ok, thanks for letting me know it is unidirectional. I don’t think I can go back and change the setting now… any idea what number I should set it to for a smooth road? The tyres are cheap commuter lightly treaded 28mm ones.

When I look up values on-line it always seems to be for good tyres that are slick. I’ve read that latex inners saves Watts so it might be worth mentioning mine are only normal ones with “slime” in them (to avoid carrying a spanner). Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Use the standard value of 0.0054
John Hamann