Ride file seem off

still-chasing

Ride file seem off

Post by still-chasing »

Since I updated the firmware in my Newton, the ride file seem off. On one ride occasion, the power display showed higher watts on the tailwind. On my latest ride, Isaac showed tailwind on both out and back.I have a TT set up and using remote wind sensor. Using the same profile before update. My last ride file is attached. Please help. Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_09_25_2016_0856_20_Miles.ibr
(245.49 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
hamishbarker

Re: Ride file seem off

Post by hamishbarker »

sounds like either wind calibration is off, or the tube for the remote wind sensor is not plugged securely and well sealed into the newton wind port.

if it's definitely not the latter (have a good look and really plug it in), then try doing at least a 10 minute out and back ride in calm wind conditions and preferrably without traffic. Make a trip reset both before and after the ride so that it's definitely a purely out and back ride record. Then when you have the ride file in the isaac software, click on the menu item "analyze -> check calibration". This will bring up a dialog which checks that the file is an out and back ride, and asks you if the wind changed (if you did it in fairly calm conditions - no need for it to be perfectly calm, but that would be the ideal situation for checking calibration), then click on the "send profile to ibike" button of the cal check window, then accept.

the little gauge on the check calibration window, and the detailed stats above it will show what is going to be changed. Ideally, make a screen grab of it and post it here.