Can you remove DFPM ID from a calibration on Newton

mooneyrider

Can you remove DFPM ID from a calibration on Newton

Post by mooneyrider »

I had some issues on a ride where I chose to do a sensor search on my Newton 5. I was in range of some other cyclists that had a DFPM and I think that got associated with the profile.

I have tried repeatedly to do the sensor search completely out of range of any other bike and the profile first says (I think) "DFPM off" then "DFPM found". I have DFPM display off and I see (I believe) the Newton power data on the Newton. However, the Garmin 800 to which it was happily broadcasting power data displays zero Watts continuously. When I switched to another profile (untainted by DFPM proximity), the Garmin displays wattage. This leads me to believe that the new profile has the DFPM ID embedded in it.

Is there a way to remove the DFPM from the profile on the Newton? Or do I just have to do a fresh calibration ride with no other bikes nearby? Or do I have to do something else entirely?

Thanks for any help.

David McCormick
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Can you remove DFPM ID from a calibration on Newton

Post by Velocomp »

Connect your Newton to Isaac.

In Isaac go to Edit/Edit Profiles. Click the "get from device" button to extract your profile.

Once extracted, click the Wireless ID tab.

Click the "Forget DFPM" button.

After clicking the button, click the "Send to Device*" button.

This will preserve everything about your profile but remove the DFPM ID
John Hamann
mooneyrider

Re: Can you remove DFPM ID from a calibration on Newton

Post by mooneyrider »

Thanks, John. I've edited the profile in the Isaac software and will see if it works.