Analyze Route

KimG

Analyze Route

Post by KimG »

When should this tool be used? There is no clear cut directions on under what conditions this or any of the other tools should be used.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Analyze Route

Post by Velocomp »

Analyze Route works best with solo rides that have an out-and-back component.
John Hamann
KimG

Post by KimG »

John,

Could you give a basic rule-of-thumb as to when to utilize each on the analysis tools in the Isaac Analyze suite. Nothing too in-depth but something like you just gave me for the "Analyze Route...".

Kimball
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If your iBike is calibrated well, then these tools aren't really necessary at all.

Check Calibration is useful when you're first starting out with the iBike, or when you've just installed your iBike on a second bike.

Analyze Bike Settings lets you do things post-ride, such as adjust bike rider weight, or starting elevation

Analyze Wind is an easy way to check the wind sensor calibration. This has to be used with GREAT CAUTION; if you are doing group rides, one-way rides, or if wind changes significantly during the ride, then this tool won't work

Analyze Route is useful for out-and-back rides, as long as no drafting was done. However, if your iBike is dialed in, you won't get meaningful shifts. For long rides, where wind can change, this tool won't work well

Tweak CdA, Crr is fun to play with if you have a DFPM and want to fine-tune your iBike.

Analyze Dynamic CdA requires a DFPM
John Hamann
KimG

Post by KimG »

John,

Thanks; this is very helpful...

Typically my rides are loops starting and ending in the same place but different roads inbetween; would Analyze Route provide useful for this type of ride?

Kimball
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KimG wrote:John,

Thanks; this is very helpful...

Typically my rides are loops starting and ending in the same place but different roads inbetween; would Analyze Route provide useful for this type of ride?

Kimball
Very possibly. Please post a typical file and we'll take a look.
John Hamann
KimG

Post by KimG »

Here is a 20 mile loop that I did last weekend.
Attachments
iBike_10_06_2012_0836_21_Miles.ibr
(402.1 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KimG wrote:Here is a 20 mile loop that I did last weekend.
This is a strange ride file, showing a consistent headwind. Please post another ride file if possible, so we can cross-check them.
John Hamann
KimG

Post by KimG »

Here is a file from a ride I took on Tuesday. I think that the the OS2 2.13 update was loaded into the Newton+ after the Saturday ride.
Attachments
iBike_10_09_2012_1738_11_Miles.ibr
(207.48 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Last edited by KimG on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KimG

Post by KimG »

Here is the file from the same route as the one from 10/6 that I rode today.
Attachments
iBike_10_12_2012_1424_21_Miles.ibr
(405.4 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Velocomp wrote:If your iBike is calibrated well, then these tools aren't really necessary at all.

Check Calibration is useful when you're first starting out with the iBike, or when you've just installed your iBike on a second bike.

Analyze Bike Settings lets you do things post-ride, such as adjust bike rider weight, or starting elevation

Analyze Wind is an easy way to check the wind sensor calibration. This has to be used with GREAT CAUTION; if you are doing group rides, one-way rides, or if wind changes significantly during the ride, then this tool won't work

Analyze Route is useful for out-and-back rides, as long as no drafting was done. However, if your iBike is dialed in, you won't get meaningful shifts. For long rides, where wind can change, this tool won't work well

Tweak CdA, Crr is fun to play with if you have a DFPM and want to fine-tune your iBike.

Analyze Dynamic CdA requires a DFPM
Thanks for the explanation John. May I add a request or offer my observation? Is it possible to add an "Accept" button in the "Analyze tilt and Power Advanced" view"? After viewing the graph, It clearly shows a major improvement on the data. Although small difference sometimes, It's good to have that option. Thanks! I think this is a better representation of the ride than doing the "Analyze route" which gives a big variations of data sometimes.

The tilt window I'm talking about is after clicking on the "analyze route", there is a button "show tilt plot". Another window pops up which brings you to "Analyze tilt and Power advanced view".