Looking for Gen3 handlebar mount (maybe from a Newton user)

Zoltan

Looking for Gen3 handlebar mount (maybe from a Newton user)

Post by Zoltan »

Hi,

I have two handlebar mounts for my Gen3 iAero, but one of them seems to drain the battery even when it is not connected to the unit at all.

I checked ibikesports.com, but I could find only USB mount for Gen3, no handlebar mounts for sale any longer.

I checked the trade-in program for Newton and I have an idea that there may be some Newton users around with Gen3 handlebar mounts, those who had Gen3 with 2 mounts, traded-in and they had to send back only one Gen3 mount for getting only one Newton mount.

If I am right (or if you simply have a Gen3 handlebar mount), please answer to my post or send me a PM, I wish to buy a handlebar mount.
Russ

Re: Looking for Gen3 handlebar mount (maybe from a Newton user)

Post by Russ »

Zoltan,

I presume the two mounts you have are the newer wireless with rechargeable cell phone type batteries. If so, did you try swapping the batteries between the two units to make sure it is not the battery itself that is loosing charge faster?

Just thought it worth mentioning.

Russ
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Yes, wireless. Yes, I did. One mount has eaten three batteries with ride times of 6, 4 and 1 hours.

The other works well with one coin battery after appr 8 hours of riding. All the batteries are from the same set of Energizer CR2032.

But thanks for caring.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Zoltan,

If you are going to replace it, and I now understand you to have the older wireless mount that uses the 2032 in it's base, I suggest that you replace it with the rechargeable wireless mount. The cold weather boost is well worth it. I think tribike responded to your other thread saying Velocomp still has Gen III wireless mounts.

Or maybe, as long as you are parting with more cash, you might strongly consider the Newton! And I do not work for Velocomp :-)

Regards,
Russ
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Rechargable mount works on the stem or more precisely on top of the steer tube, right? No way that I would put my unit there, the constraints are my other beloved gadgets. You know my handlebars look like server rooms :-)
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Rechargeable mount works on either stem or bars with the http://store.ibikesports.com/mounts/dual-purpose-mount. This is definitely the second best alternative, the first choice being upgrading to Newton.
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

You all may remember that the only goal that I have with iBike is to see the environmental data while riding, so I dont want to invest relevantly more money.

Moreover I contacted iBike Store after the feedback from Tribike, but their price is too much for me considering that my present handlebar mount works, just costs me USD1 per ride on my trekking bike. Primarily I use my road bike, so it happens very rarely that I use my trekking bicycle.

Nevertheless if somebody around has a used handlebar mount for sale, I am ready to buy provided that we can agree about the price.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Zoltan wrote:You all may remember that the only goal that I have with iBike is to see the environmental data while riding, so I dont want to invest relevantly more money.

Moreover I contacted iBike Store after the feedback from Tribike, but their price is too much for me considering that my present handlebar mount works, just costs me USD1 per ride on my trekking bike. Primarily I use my road bike, so it happens very rarely that I use my trekking bicycle.

Nevertheless if somebody around has a used handlebar mount for sale, I am ready to buy provided that we can agree about the price.
Mission completed. Thanks for the seller/topicmate for the fair pricing.