Newton power output via Ant+

markrhill

Newton power output via Ant+

Post by markrhill »

I've recently started to use the Sportiiiis heads up display to track power during intense intervals. This is a small unit that attaches to your glasses, and places a bar of LEDs at the bottom of your field of vision, which show red/yellow/green to indicate where you are in user-defined power zones.

Here's the problem: the unit seems to be getting the data, but the levels dont match what the Newton displays. Is there some kind of lag or averaging going on with the power data the Newton broadcasts via Ant +
lorduintah

Re: Newton power output via Ant+

Post by lorduintah »

Do you have your Newton filtering your power? Check the set Filt - should be 0 or you get time averaging.

Tom
markrhill

Post by markrhill »

Filt set to 0, so I guess the problem must be somewhere else.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

markrhill wrote:I've recently started to use the Sportiiiis heads up display to track power during intense intervals. This is a small unit that attaches to your glasses, and places a bar of LEDs at the bottom of your field of vision, which show red/yellow/green to indicate where you are in user-defined power zones.

Here's the problem: the unit seems to be getting the data, but the levels dont match what the Newton displays. Is there some kind of lag or averaging going on with the power data the Newton broadcasts via Ant +
I paired my Gen3 unit to Cycyleops Joule 2.0 and send the power data to Joule. I test it just for a minute, but my observance was there is not a huge time lag, somewhere between 0.5-1.5 second.

How much delay did you experience? And are you sure that Sportiiiis does not apply any smoothing?