ISAAC New Features

JPCH

ISAAC New Features

Post by JPCH »

I've sometime issues with my cardio belt giving wrong values for a few minutes (imperfect contact).
It would be nice to have a "Repair Ride for wrong cardio" feature.
See attached file : in a long descent, the cardio became random (in the 180 to 220 range) although it's clear I was in a recovery period.
This biases the overall statistics (it happened for 2 long descents).
A method allowing to replace the values of a selection by a straight line joining the first and last sample of the selection would make it.

Cheers

JP
Attachments
iBike_07_08_2012_0658_153_km.ibr
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 344 times
rstrom

Re: ISAAC New Features

Post by rstrom »

I've seen issues like this before (not necessarily with the iBike - it's a HRM thing). I don't know for sure if this is your issue, but I suspect that it is.

My past experiences is that a loose fitting jersey flapping at the right frequency can cause this behavior. I have seen it going downhill, I have also seen it on the flats.

Something I've tried before was to tuck a bit of the jersey under the HRM strap - this should stop the high frequency flapping enough to stop the incorrect HRM readings.

HTH,

Robert
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You're training and riding with power. HR is insignificant and only a curiosity. That said, Robert is correct. You can also try some Conductive Aloe Vera Gel that is available in most drugstores.

Before I started training with power I started using an Under Armour compression shirt as a way to avoid the HR flapping issue. It solved it and I continue to wear a HR strap but again only as a side note.
Fernando
JPCH

Post by JPCH »

Thanks for the tips to improve the contact, I'll try.
I know HR is a secondary parameter (especially in such descents), but I like clean logs and metrics ;)
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

I second what Fernando says about tighter fitting clothing. While this can still happen with snug fitting clothing, the occurrence of this issue is greatly reduced when wearing snug (e.g. "race fit") clothing that doesn't flap.

Robert