Steer tube mount picture?

Clydeone

Steer tube mount picture?

Post by Clydeone »

Does any one have any pictures of the steer tube mount - I'd like to trade in my isport and I'm trying to decide between steer tube mount and the dual mount
Brandy

Re: Steer tube mount picture?

Post by Brandy »

I bought a a "BarFly" mount for my Garmin Edge 800 which ran me about $40. THe position of the Edge is really nice. I set it up on my Parlee with Campy (no other power meter works -- unless I drop $2-4,000). Very forward and dont need to drop my chin to see the data. I rarely look at my Newton+ with this setup. Also, the Egde screen is totally customizable and you have have multiple data screens. Much better setup for VIEWing data. Sure, it makes some air turbulence but my numbers are similar from before without Garmin. If there is some slight error from this setup, it will not make much difference in my training. My fit test today came in at 210 W for FTP. Not bad for me but not Pro level either!

However, without the Edge setup like this, I would NOT choose the Steer Tube mount because it positions the Newton to far aft on the bike. The universal handelbar mount is better in that respect because it will keep your eyes forward, on the road.
Attachments
top.jpg
top.jpg (82.72 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
side view.jpg
side view.jpg (76.02 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
Clydeone

Post by Clydeone »

thanks for the info definitely going with the Stem/Bar mount
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Is it possible to mount GenIII units on steer tube mount somehow without any rechargable wireless mount?

Or do they work only with stem and handlebar mounts? If the latter why neither stem mount nor handlebar are listed for GenIII in ibike shop?