New Handlebar and Stem mount for Newton

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Handlebar and Stem mount for Newton

Post by Velocomp »

jayt wrote:Why does the dual mount cost $69!!! It is a beautiful piece of hardware, but that is WAY TOO Expensive. You might as well buy the new iPhone 5 Phone Booth for $60 and save $9 AND get a case. Also, note that you sell the iPhone 5 second bike kit for $69 and it looks to include the SAME dual mount AND a sensor. The sensors generally run $30 to $40. This is the one thing that is hard to understand when iBIke sports seems to gouge on the add on stuff. I just want to be able to add more mounts to my bike and not spend an arm and a leg. $30 for the new mount is still kinda expensive, but more in line with what it seems that it should be (ok maybe even $40).

For my Garmin 500 I can spend $10 to $15 and get TWO mounts (granted a much simpler system, but still).
For $15 you'll get a cheap, and vulnerable, mount and mounting system.

The Dual Mount uses a machined and anodized aluminum bracket, and metal bolt. This is a very expensive design but protecting your iBike is worth it.

All of the above not withstanding, your point is well taken, and we did make a pricing mistake. The Dual Mount price has been lowered.
John Hamann
KenS

Post by KenS »

I guess I ordered my two new mounts a few days too early :(
Also, is there anything you can do about the shipping charge on these smaller items for us overseas folks?
-- Ken
jayt

Post by jayt »

John,

Thanks, $39 is more tolerable. As I said, it is a nice piece of well engineered gear.

I have been a customer of yours since your very first iBike. One of the compelling features of the iBike(s) is the portability between bikes. I own 5 bikes and use them regularly. Being able to have power on all of my bikes for the cost of adding sensors and mounts is attractive. However, in the past some of your designs were not so conducive to multi-bike use. The Gen II/III era when all the wireless smarts were in the mount, made getting extra mounts a bit expensive. Now, with your current Newton design it is getting back to being easier to add more bikes.

Jay
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

jayt wrote:John,

Thanks, $39 is more tolerable. As I said, it is a nice piece of well engineered gear.

I have been a customer of yours since your very first iBike. One of the compelling features of the iBike(s) is the portability between bikes. I own 5 bikes and use them regularly. Being able to have power on all of my bikes for the cost of adding sensors and mounts is attractive. However, in the past some of your designs were not so conducive to multi-bike use. The Gen II/III era when all the wireless smarts were in the mount, made getting extra mounts a bit expensive. Now, with your current Newton design it is getting back to being easier to add more bikes.

Jay
:D
John Hamann