Disabling HR like ‘forget DFPM’

Zoltan

Disabling HR like ‘forget DFPM’

Post by Zoltan »

Hello,

since I wanna see only cadence in the bottom part of Newton 5 display (that is other data) and in a continuous way (that is no alternating cad, hr and/or calories) after setting CdA OFF, I tried to remove HR as a sensor from Isaac/edit profiles/wireless ids.

While one can set Cad OFF in Newton menu, and one can disable DFPM by ‘forget DFPM’ function in Isaac I could not find any way to fully disable HR.

Therefore I simply tweaked the HR ID changing it to an ANT+ ID which was a fake one. The result was that time from time there was a pop-up message on Newton that HR sensor failed. Not just directly after start, but later, too.

Then I thought I would use null ID, and I also change type from 1 to 0. Btw I checked Isaac manual, too, and I saw on page 29 that as a simple coincident there were 0 and 0 in the row of HR.

But while Isaac manual shows HR as NOT enabled, my instance of Isaac sw still shows it as enabled after setting 0 and 0 for HR .

Is there a way to tell Newton there is no HR around at all, apart from applying a full/hard reset?

And if not, can I hope that applying 0 and 0 as ID and type, respectively, does mean for Newton that it should NOT look for HR sensor?

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Disabling HR like ‘forget DFPM’

Post by Velocomp »

Zoltan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:38 pm Hello,

since I wanna see only cadence in the bottom part of Newton 5 display (that is other data) and in a continuous way (that is no alternating cad, hr and/or calories) after setting CdA OFF, I tried to remove HR as a sensor from Isaac/edit profiles/wireless ids.

While one can set Cad OFF in Newton menu, and one can disable DFPM by ‘forget DFPM’ function in Isaac I could not find any way to fully disable HR.

Therefore I simply tweaked the HR ID changing it to an ANT+ ID which was a fake one. The result was that time from time there was a pop-up message on Newton that HR sensor failed. Not just directly after start, but later, too.

Then I thought I would use null ID, and I also change type from 1 to 0. Btw I checked Isaac manual, too, and I saw on page 29 that as a simple coincident there were 0 and 0 in the row of HR.

But while Isaac manual shows HR as NOT enabled, my instance of Isaac sw still shows it as enabled after setting 0 and 0 for HR .

Is there a way to tell Newton there is no HR around at all, apart from applying a full/hard reset?

And if not, can I hope that applying 0 and 0 as ID and type, respectively, does mean for Newton that it should NOT look for HR sensor?

Thanks.
In your profile, setting HR to 0 and 0, and storing the modified profile in your Newton, should do the trick.
John Hamann