Fitness Test and Wind

RGA

Fitness Test and Wind

Post by RGA »

I think my last post on this got lost in the forum shuffle, so I'll repost it again.

I live in a windy area where the winds are typically in the 10-20 mph range with the terrain fairly flat. Does strong winds affect the Fitness Test? Should I ride with or against the wind when doing the test? Should I wait for calmer situations? I'm not sure if the Powerhouse take wind measurements like the Dash+Power does.

My current setup is the Powerhouse app in a Dash+Power (latest model) case.
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Fitness Test and Wind

Post by Velocomp »

When the winds are strong, your bike speed will either be slower (because of headwinds) or faster (because of tail winds). So, your fitness test will work either way.

That said I find that it's better do testing into headwinds, because I don't have to worry about riding fast enough to have a net opposing wind. For example, with a 20 mph tail wind, your ground speed would have to be 30 mph to have a 10 mph net opposing wind. That's riding very fast!
John Hamann
RGA

Post by RGA »

OK, headwinds it will be from now on. Thanks for the advice and a terrific product! :D
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

RGA wrote:OK, headwinds it will be from now on. Thanks for the advice and a terrific product! :D
It would be great if you would write a review on iTunes and Amazon... :D
John Hamann