New Forum Section For POWERHOUSE Setup

racerfern

New Forum Section For POWERHOUSE Setup

Post by racerfern »

Congratulations! Your POWERHOUSE arrived at your doorstep. Now what? If you need help setting up your POWERHOUSE this is the place to ask questions and get answers. There's official iBike support and there's the knowledge and experience of all our users. Our user base is very knowledgeable and friendly so you may get answers from them even before an "official" response gets posted.

The POWERHOUSE will be very easy to setup but if you have a concern don't hesitate to voice it here.
Fernando
leakin

Re: New Forum Section For POWERHOUSE Setup

Post by leakin »

Ok, I'll give 'er a go...

Shouldn't the behavior of the target "arrow" be:
to the left of the "brackets", I should have a faster cadence
to the right, slower cadence?

Generally, the arrow on my Powerhouse is pegged left... go up a hill and it's pegged right. Even if I slow cadence to next to nothing, it's still pegged right.

Basically it's left or right, my cadence has little or nothing to do with the arrow's movement... when it does move, it blows by one way or the other.

I think something's not right... I've gone through the setup for iPhone 3GS and 4th gen iPod touch; same behavior. I have tried both the handlebar mount and the steer tube mount.

Does this make any sense/what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

bike: trek 8.4 DS
Powerhouse software version: 1.1
TriBike

Re: New Forum Section For POWERHOUSE Setup

Post by TriBike »

This is an interesting topic, that actually created some discussion during the design of this app. There tends to be some confusion interpreting certain things involved in cycling. For instance, pedaling harder, and pedaling faster can often be misunderstood. A higher target cadence, does not necessarily translate to a higher Realized Physical Exertion. So, if I am understanding correctly, the focus of the workout may have two parts... check the target cadence if you are hitting that, however, the status bracket is still to the left, then you need to shift the bike into a harder gear, and bring the cadence in that gear to target in order to move the status bar into the proper zone. Geez, I hope this helps understand a bit... I am replying to this amidst a flurry of iBike happenings in the factory at the moment, and I think I just made my own head spin :) What would be great is to stay active on this thread, and hopefully we can have some other users weighing in a bit too... I will continue to try and offer as much insight as I can.