Cal Error 6

wormscoffer

Cal Error 6

Post by wormscoffer »

Hello

I'm trying to complete a CAL ride after a full reset of my Newton and it just says "Cal Error - See Isaac" with a number "6" after each. I've tried this twice before a full reset and twice after, all with the same result.

My SPD/CAD is an iBike unit and seems to give accurate figures as picked up by my Garmin.

Not sure what to do next - any suggestions appreciated.

TIA
Andrew
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Cal Error 6

Post by Velocomp »

Download an older ride file from your unit and post it here.
John Hamann
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

Older ride file as requested.

I'll try and reset the device today and choose the option for accuracy that doesn't need a cal ride.
Attachments
iBike_2019_07_21_2051_30_km_HiDef.ibr
(651.78 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

Cleared it down again and added a new device into Isaac without he "better" option so no cal ride needed.

Attached is 6K ride where power seemed to be about 100Watts under reading so spells where I was pedalling showing as zero. It seemed to sort itself out towards the end. No drafting, finished up at the same place. Fair amount of wind when exposed.
202005_05_27_2020_1456_6_km_HiDef.ibr
(149.43 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind sensor is not functioning properly. This is why you are getting the error message.
John Hamann
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

Thanks John.

It's been sat in a drawer since I last used it without any problems. Could a mouse have made a nest in there?

Any suggestions on fixing it or has my device reached the end of it's useful life?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You can look at the wind port and see if there is any gunk in there.

Also, go into setup and check the "cal wind" setting. If the number is a lot different from zero, click the center button to recalibrate the wind sensor. Then, try a short ride and post here.

If cal wind is close to zero and the port is clear...then trade in your bad unit for a new V3!
John Hamann
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

Wind cal is dead on zero and nothing in the port!

Damn.....!
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

Trade in gets me the same discount as the current sale price.

I think I'll use it a few more times and see if it sorts itself out. If not, I'm resigned to some pedals. Have loved the iBike products over the last 9 years that I've used them but time for something simple and reliable!

You'll get 30% off the sale price...
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

I see; though for a non working unit it does say 15%.

However, it seems I may not need to. Not just yet anyway.

I did a 40km ride a few days ago and the power figures were all to pot. But last night on my 46km ride (attached) the power readings seem to be OK now.

While I'm well past my prime and relegated to purely pleasure cycling 11 years of riding on an erg or a bike with a power meter means I actually have a pretty good feel for my power output and I can tell pretty quickly if a power meter is close to being correct or if it's way off the mark.

I'll see how long it lasts, to use the phrase so popular currently, "going forward".

Thank John.
Attachments
202005_06_02_2020_1943_46_km_HiDef.ibr
(922.83 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This file looks good.
John Hamann