cadence sensor and HR sensor pairing

vtbalaji@hotmail.com

cadence sensor and HR sensor pairing

Post by vtbalaji@hotmail.com »

hi,
first of all thanks for approving my request to this group.

I am new to this PP. Reading lot of forum questions and responses. I have done firmware upgrade to latest. I picked this device it is interesting to me and your interactions or support on forum.

i have paired my speed sensor and with my garmin fenix 3. Road bike, 700/23, my weight and bike weights are updated. Start and return points are same.

my questions are
1. I am not in the position to say i am getting right power output. as i do not have any other device compare it. If you can tell me some typical power numbers i can cross check like 'On a flat surface peeling at 90 cadence on a road back' not sure about the possibility. alternative u can check my power data based on ride file and confirm.
2. i like to know how to add additional sensors like cadence sensor and HR sensor to PP.
3. i have done calibrations appropriately. Pls check once if it is ok.

Regards

Balaji
Bangalore, India.
Attachments
iBike_02_12_2017_0630_56_Miles.ibr
Road bike, 700/23, my weight and bike weights are updated. Start and return points are same.
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 435 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: cadence sensor and HR sensor pairing

Post by Velocomp »

When I look at a ride file I check the following things:

1) Wind speed. In a solo ride wind speed should be close to bike speed (especially when there is little ground wind). Your wind speed is comparable to bike speed, so this is OK

2) Rider settings. Your weight is normal

3) Sensors. You have a speed sensor only in this file. To add cadence and HR, simply wake up all sensors, then do another scan (press-hold button for 4 seconds, until it starts flashing).

4) CdA and Crr. Both are normal for a person of your size, and for a road bike

5) Power vs speed. On level roads, with little head wind, my rule of thumb is "200W for 20 mph". Unfortunately your ride is hilly, so there is no good spot to check this...However, your average wattage is about right for the bike speeds at which you are traveling.

6) Finally, I set smoothing to 0 and see if there are sensor dropouts. You have a lot of speed sensor dropouts, not a good thing. What kind of sensor are you using? If magnet-less, make sure it is mounted on your front hub.
John Hamann
vtbalaji@hotmail.com

wow thanks lot for the quickest response.

When I look at a ride file I check the following things:

1) Ok

2) Ok

3) will do

4) excellent then my configurations and steps are fine.

5) will try on level road once.

6) yes, I use garmin magnet-less. Yes it is no back week. will move to front hub and try. I thought that does not make a difference.

Thanks for your time.
vtbalaji@hotmail.com

Hi

based on your suggestion changed speed sensor position.

also this is real data without any change in settings. hope my setting are done and fine.

Regards
Balaji
Attachments
iBike_02_19_2017_0629_40_Miles.ibr
ride file, started and stopped at same place.
(496.04 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Looks good!
John Hamann
vtbalaji@hotmail.com

hi
attaching GPX file for above ride. i see some lag on power recording compare to the speed . is that i have do any change to match both. i see some lag to display while on riding.

i use garmin fenix 3 with garmin magnetless speed sensor

Regards
Balaji
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GPX file was not attached.

The "lag" is due to Dynamic Power Smoothing", which makes it much easier to perform power training workouts. You can turn off DPS in the profile setting of Isaac; if you do your power numbers will not lag but they will be much more jumpy (this is true of all power meters).
John Hamann
vtbalaji@hotmail.com

Thx for quick reply. i have changes to 0 sec. will keep you posted after my sunday ride.

regards
Balaji