newton+ won't exit from calibration...

JamesB

newton+ won't exit from calibration...

Post by JamesB »

Long time ibike and now Newton+ user
got a new set of wheels and decided to do a cal ride when the latest FW upgrade came out
I have tried several times and get the same result, I ride out until the I get the go back notice, then out the back leg I have to go far past the place where I started... often 3 or 4 tenths of a mile further.

Then it say says calibration complete... but a this point I am unable to exit from the set up screens and return to ibike use... I end up having to do a hard reset to return to the usual ride data display...

what is going on here?
thanks

James
SSLTTX

Re: newton+ won't exit from calibration...

Post by SSLTTX »

Newton wont exit from set up screen.
After I downloaded the new firmware 400 I had to set up a second bike and after the calibration ride the screen went directly to wind calculation.
So I went into a closed area and did a manual wind calculation and a manual calibration ride and the screen did the same thing and won't allow me to get out of set up.
???????
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

JamesB wrote:Long time ibike and now Newton+ user
got a new set of wheels and decided to do a cal ride when the latest FW upgrade came out
I have tried several times and get the same result, I ride out until the I get the go back notice, then out the back leg I have to go far past the place where I started... often 3 or 4 tenths of a mile further.

Then it say says calibration complete... but a this point I am unable to exit from the set up screens and return to ibike use... I end up having to do a hard reset to return to the usual ride data display...

what is going on here?
thanks

James
Make sure, when turning around, that you STOP prior to actually turning around (the instructions say this).

After you complete the ride, you should get a message saying Cal Done, and then the main screen should reappear automatically. If this is not happening please contact technical support.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

SSLTTX wrote:Newton wont exit from set up screen.
After I downloaded the new firmware 400 I had to set up a second bike and after the calibration ride the screen went directly to wind calculation.
So I went into a closed area and did a manual wind calculation and a manual calibration ride and the screen did the same thing and won't allow me to get out of set up.
???????
Please contact technical support.
John Hamann
dtrousdale

Post by dtrousdale »

JamesB wrote:... but a this point I am unable to exit from the set up screens and return to ibike use... I end up having to do a hard reset to return to the usual ride data display...
what is going on here?
This just happened to me. I was trying to create a new profile from scratch and after the Cal ride and the message, "Cal Done," I could not exit Calibration. Even turning the unit off and on several times made no difference. A hard reset finally did the trick. I did check my new profile immediately and did get measurements within the "official" (as posted on the Forum some time ago) guidelines for profile ranges. Would doing a hard reset give me "unreliable" numbers?
I will contact Tech Support as recommended to the previous two users.