Firmware update

still-chasing

Firmware update

Post by still-chasing »

What is in the release note in the new firmware update? Sorry for bothering the forum. I updated without paying attention. Thanks!

Maybe a "release note" should be added in the device tab of Isaac. Just a suggestion...
heith

Re: Firmware update

Post by heith »

I usually get release notes?
cjonbike

Post by cjonbike »

The only change I remember is:

You now set the Altitude the normal way in setup/Alt this is now stored in memory!

Then after that you can hit the Enviro key twice, where the altitude shows, hold the center button for 2 seconds and the Altitude you had set will be loaded!

there were others but my memory!!!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Firmware update 218

Post by Velocomp »

Release Notes OS218:

Fixed a bug that occasionally caused reference elevation changes not be updated in ride file

Fixed a bug that caused Newton to "lock-up" when Newton is turned off, and is connected to USB communications port, and the user attempts establish data connection between Newton and Isaac software

Fixed a bug that causes "SPCD Fail" messages to appear when Newton is connected to Isaac

Improvement: when new firmware is loaded, it's no longer necessary to go through Fast Start and Tilt Cal procedures

New Feature: When your rides start from the same location, now it's really easy to set the reference elevation. Here's how:

1) For the first time only, use Setup/Alt to set the reference elevation.

2) The reference elevation number you entered with Setup/Alt will be memorized.

3) When subsequent rides begin at the same location, click the Enviro button twice to get to the Slope/Wind/Elevation screen. Even though you're starting your ride at the same location, it's likely that the elevation displayed will be different, because barometric pressure changes from day to day.

4) To set your elevation to the reference value memorized in step 2, while on the Slope/Wind/Elevation screen, press-hold the center button for two seconds. Your reference elevation will be updated to the value memorized in step 2.
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

Now that's cool. Silly question from someone who doesn't have a Newton, but is that per profile or just in genera?
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

jazclrint wrote:Now that's cool. Silly question from someone who doesn't have a Newton, but is that per profile or just in genera?
In general. You should upgrade to a Newton!!!
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

Would have already if I could.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

The set to Reference Elevation is working great.
Nice to no longer have to go to Setup for elevation set at my usual start point.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

texmurphy wrote:The set to Reference Elevation is working great.
Nice to no longer have to go to Setup for elevation set at my usual start point.
It's amazing how, sometimes, really good ideas are easy to implement, but difficult to see.

I also agree this is a great and simple feature; I use it all the time.
John Hamann